Home
Posted By: gnoahhh 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19
...another Savage Rendezvous in Pennsylvania. Date to be determined- suggestions welcomed. Most likely August sometime. Same venue, same protocols, hopefully the same people plus many more.

Here's your chance to get your Savage fix during a Fest off-year. Good folks, good eats, good fellowship, and most importantly a lot of good Savages.

Unlike a Fest, an important feature is the day long sound of Savages being shot, often drowned out by the voices of the kibitzers behind the firing line analyzing the guns being fired.

Yes, there are adult beverages consumed- but the strictly enforced rule is not until the shooting is over. We are adults and try to act like it.

Load up a trunk full of rifles, kiss the old lady goodbye, burn some fossil fuel, and spend a couple of unfettered days in the Pennsylvania woods.
I'll be heading up to my deer camp in the the Catskills sometime in August for a few weeks of work, and would really enjoy swinging by, if it's not too far out of the way. Would be nice to put some faces to names and see some beautiful 99's.I'm sure you'll post the date when available, but what is the location?

Tim
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19
I have a suggestion for one change. I get to drive, my truck holds more guns and people. You can bring your CD collection.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
I'll be heading up to my deer camp in the the Catskills sometime in August for a few weeks of work, and would really enjoy swinging by, if it's not too far out of the way. Would be nice to put some faces to names and see some beautiful 99's.I'm sure you'll post the date when available, but what is the location?

Tim

From the Catskills? Probably a heavy two hours? Bring a couple brown trout to throw on the grill!
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
I have a suggestion for one change. I get to drive, my truck holds more guns and people. You can bring your CD collection.

Good idea. That way we can bring more hookers than we had last year. Oh, I forgot. We misplaced them in Scranton, PA.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19

Noxen, PA.
All depends where you’re coming from in the Catskills. Gary’s right, at least two hours.
Posted By: Loggah Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19
You guys got to get rid of that "NEW YAWK" state for me to get to "penns woods" eek
Just get a running start.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19
Only 1231 miles. May need to keep the older car longer so there is an actual trunk to close and lock up.
Heck, Don, just bring yourself. It's as much about the people as it is about the guns. We would love to see ya!
I bet you guys on the west coast could fly for as much as it'll cost Joe and I to put gas in his way overloaded Ford truck and drive it up and (hopefully) back.

Kidding aside, hop a plane and c'mon out. Fly into BWI and Joe and I can pick you up. Book a flight on a cheapy airline well enough in advance and it's chump change.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19
August is my go time, not much chance of getting loose. You guys are safe another year.
Looking forward to another great weekend. The more the merrier. Its held in Noxen Pa.

Joe
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19
Gary is correct, we can pick anyone up at BWI, quick -n-easy.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19
Was a Great time had by All last year! Will have to see if my traveling buddie "Old Otter" might like to take a trip again! Don if you come ill bring the Venors & Sailor Jerrys!
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/29/19
Originally Posted by saddlering
Was a Great time had by All last year! Will have to see if my traveling buddie "Old Otter" might like to take a trip again! Don if you come ill bring the Venors & Sailor Jerrys!

John, unless hell freezes over, I would definitely like to go again, provided I haven't been "voted off the island." Only thing is tell that dern kid to sandbag on his shootin, as to not make us half blind old farts look bad. grin
Would be great to have you guys again!!

Joe
Posted By: Dale K Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/30/19
Will depend on the date but put me in the maybe category for now.

Dale
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/30/19

Is that Gary at the wheel?

Attached picture Gnoahhh driving the bus from BWI.jpg
Looks to be 1 3/4 - 2 hrs from Hancock, NY. Depending on the date, I'd like to attend and meet some of y'all. It might be nice at 62 to be called "kid" again.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/30/19
Originally Posted by KeithNyst

Yeah, that's me driving the bus and ready to plunge it off the mountain above Scranton-Wilkes Barre after hearing Joe lead the crowd in their 153rd rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round".
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/30/19
What a Party Bus? maybe Jerry and I should fly in! and take the BUS! grin
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/30/19
99 bottles of rum on the wall, 99 bottles of rum.....
Posted By: dallased Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/30/19
Oh, my. That is just a hop, skip and jump for me. I have never attended one cause I am a piker compared to you guys and I am a rescuer of wayward Savages but it would be fun to drool over some of the collections. I certainly have nothing to display. Just shoot them.
Posted By: steve99 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 01/31/19
If this is the sign up board put me in. Had a great time last year, wonderful bunch of guys.
I am waiting on my brother in law to get his schedule so i can figure out a date. I will post a date as soon as i can. Looks like we will have another great turnout.

Joe
Has a date been decided yet?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/17/19
It appears it will be virtually the same time as last year, waiting to iron out one last detail before announcing. Stay tuned.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/17/19

Originally Posted by gnoahhh
It appears it will be virtually the same time as last year, waiting to iron out one last detail before announcing. Stay tuned.

Perfect....
No no, I meant literally the same time as last year. We're waiting on Mr. Peabody with his Wayback Machine to confirm the date. Meeting place as to where we'll meet to board the Machine will be divulged on the next episode of Little Orphan Annie, so keep your de-coder rings handy.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/17/19
Hope its Not the 22nd 23 Aug cry
Posted By: JeffG Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/17/19
Originally Posted by KeithNyst

Yeah, that's me driving the bus and ready to plunge it off the mountain above Scranton-Wilkes Barre after hearing Joe lead the crowd in their 153rd rendition of "The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round".

With Harry Chapin in the 8-track singing "thirty thousand pounds... of bananas"
"...As he uttered the name of the only man who can save him now". Great song!
I'll have to make it out to this one of these years. Our camp's in Clearfield County between Sabula and Pennfield. That's a 17 hour ride for me from up here in Minnesota. If I come to it, I'll spend a week at camp but make the run to Noxen for the event. I'm sure I can look it up, but does anyone know how far it is from Dubois to Noxen?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/17/19

Dubois to Noxen
174 mi on I80 E
Posted By: 99guy Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/17/19
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Dubois to Noxen
174 mi on I80 E

Only a 2 hour drive if you go 87mph.

Lot better than 17 hours.

grin
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/17/19
Randy, you sure have a way of looking at things. Sometimes it takes me a week to go 174 miles.
Originally Posted by JeffG
With Harry Chapin in the 8-track singing "thirty thousand pounds... of bananas"

"Harry, it sucks..." cool

...hang on!!!

Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/18/19

Have a link with original footage of the banana truck crash. If someone would like to post please pm.
Posted By: 44mc Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/18/19
wish it was 800 miles closer I would come
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/18/19
Back in those days 40 footers might have been the big ones. Every once in a blue moon a 40 would come in the yard it was like a dream. When I started shifting trailers in the yard we were still running lots of 28 foot pups. The rule was 2 pups then a 53, 2 pups, 53. When I retired 3 years ago we had almost completely quit using pups, so the 53's were lined up side by side. About once a week an out of center driver would rip a rear swing door off trying to get his load out. Hate 53's. Had a private contractor with a long haul double sleeper ask/tell me to park a 53 in the yard for him. I told him to use one of the drive through spots and I'd get it later. He got pissy and said there was legislation to go to 57's, what was I going to do then! I said sit on my fat arse at home watching soap operas and collecting my Union pension. He climbed back in his half a million dollar rig and went looking for his outbound load. If he hadn't acted like a jerk I would have got his outbound load and staged it for him where he could have pulled straight through the phones and left. If those private guys acted like jerks we would let sit till our shift was over. We weren't supposed to help them. But, we felt sorry for them risking tearing up a beautiful tractor in a yard that was too small to handle them.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/18/19
?
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/18/19
I'm not a truck driver but my theory is if you can't back you shouldn't be driving it. I've seen more than a few "truck drivers" who couldn't back their rig. It would get real entertaining sometimes.
Posted By: JeffG Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/18/19

Have a link with original footage of the banana truck crash. If someone would like to post please pm.

https://wnep.com/2015/03/18/the-banana-truck-crash-50-years-later/
Originally Posted by wyo1895
I'm not a truck driver but my theory is if you can't back you shouldn't be driving it. I've seen more than a few "truck drivers" who couldn't back their rig. It would get real entertaining sometimes.

That's easy to say if you are used to backing into a boat ramp, or anything where you can pull forward, and then back straight up. If you have to back a 53 ft trailer into a 10 foot bay, with a 53 footer on each side, and a row of trailers 48 feet in front, how do you get it in?
?

If the ? mark is about all of the truck stuff? You brought up the 30,000 pounds of nanners.
I wondered about the tie-in to a truck careening out of control down the hill into Scranton, PA. I'm certainly able to steer a thread off into the weeds myself, not so good at backing a trailer. In fact, I can't. Nor do I want to, and hope I never have to. grin
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/18/19

The backstory to 30,000 lbs. of bananas.

Both Scranton and Wilkes-Barre are located in the greater metropolitan area known as the Wyoming Valley. Fifty years ago before the completion of the Interstate Highways (I80, I81 and I380) that currently serve the area trucks approaching from New York City and other points east had to descend long hills with steep grades to reach the cities in the Wyoming Valley. Runaway trucks were actually a pretty frequent occurrence on PA 307/Moosic St. leading into Scranton and PA 115 leading into Wilkes-Barre. Heavy truck traffic is now prohibited on both roads. There are still two old runaway truck ramps along Rte. 115 heading into Wilkes-Barre.
Alright! Enough with the "30,000 Pounds of Bananas" song. I've had it rattling around in my head for two days now! Ha ha!
Posted By: 99guy Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/19/19

That's easy to say if you are used to backing into a boat ramp, or anything where you can pull forward, and then back straight up. If you have to back a 53 ft trailer into a 10 foot bay, with a 53 footer on each side, and a row of trailers 48 feet in front, how do you get it in?

Been dealing with truck drivers 30+ years

You can tell a truck driver his wife is ugly and he will laugh at you, but don't tell him he can't back his trailer unless you are ready to fight.
Posted By: JeffG Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/19/19
..wow, it really sucks bananas to spend two days explaining a joke! Enjoy your day Gary!

"It was then he lost his head, not to mention an arm or two before he stopped."
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/19/19
Let's move on to Headless Roland. I wonder if his Thompson was made by Savage?
As of now the Savage Rendezvous will be the weekend of August 23,24,25.

Joe
Let's move on to Headless Roland. I wonder if his Thompson was made by Savage?

That son of a bitch, Van Owen...
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/20/19
Arghhh, ya beat me to it, Joe!!

Ok fellas. Now's the time to start saving your nickels, making bargains with your wives, telling the boss you will be out sick those days, and polishing up your Savage shooting skills. Bring as many Savages that you can pile in the jalopy, bring some ammo, bring your appetite- but primarily bring yourself.

Can't sneak a couple 99's onto the plane, bus, train, uber car? Don't want to sashay through gun unfriendly states with enough weapons to arm a squad of Mexican Bandits? Meh. Just come unarmed. There will be plenty of guns to ogle, extra ammo to be shot up, and most importantly plenty of gun talk to partake in. It's as much about the people (and the beagle, Ted) as it is the guns.

Plenty of sleeping facilities, but if it gets out of hand we'll be looking at tents, yurts, and igloos (hey it's Pennsylvania, dontcha know). First come first served so to speak. Sign up early, and sign up often.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/20/19
Gary, how many guns did we have spread in the median strip trying to get my jack out from under the back seat when my wheel fell off? Sure glad it was Frederick county and not Baltimore, or else we would all still be in jail. The State Trooper that pulled over to help us never said a word. Must have been a Western MD resident.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/20/19
Ha ha! Yeah that was something. Joe's truck wheel actually fell off (well, it was held on by one half loose lug nut) and to get at the jack we had to unload about a half ton of crap out of the truck and then another half ton to find the jack handle. There we were with, literally, about a dozen rifle cases piled beside the road when the State Bull pulled up. The three of us just sort of stood there whistling and smiling and looking at the sky.
Posted By: steve99 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/20/19
That must have been awkward for a bit. Great story though.
Posted By: Dale K Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/21/19
I should be able to make it. I have a pop up camper that I can drag along if needed. I'm waiting for a couple of things to come together but I should be traveling from the DuBois area.

Dale
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/21/19
Dale, I think Joe said it will sleep 20 in the bunk house. The past 2 years every body fit and I don't think we had to double up in the rooms.
The cabin sleeps about 25 guys.

Joe
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/21/19
It would be nice to get such a turnout that outside billeting would be necessary!
It would be nice to get such a turnout that outside billeting would be necessary!

Yes it would Gary.

Joe
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/21/19
I could swing by downtown Baltimore on my up and recruit a bunch of winos to swell our ranks.
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/21/19
I could swing by downtown Baltimore on my up and recruit a bunch of winos to swell our ranks.

Hey, I don't live anywhere near Baltimore......oh, wait.....never mind
Posted By: Dale K Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/22/19
It won't break my heart if I don't have to drag the camper along but it's available if needed. One of those things for the 'wait and see' folder I guess.

Dale
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/26/19
Felt the need to bump this en up to the top, and ax if a date is potentially, possibly is more closer to being proposed. Inquiring minds want to know.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 02/26/19

Originally Posted by oldotter
Felt the need to bump this en up to the top, and ax if a date is potentially, possibly is more closer to being proposed. Inquiring minds want to know.

Joe said it’s looking like the weekend of 23, 24 and 25 August.
I will have a definite answer this weekend. It is still looking to be the weekend of August 23 24 25.

Joe
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/04/19
Good news. Once its solidified, I can schedule appropriate vacation time for the gala event. We eat like kings for the weekend. The mighty fine viddles are only upstaged by the company we share the fine dining with. Hope the same crowd (and perhaps a few more) can make it. A small cannon would also be a great side attraction, as was last year. grin
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/04/19
Ok, oldotter. The cannon will be loaded and ready to salute you when you pull into the driveway. smile
Dates are confirmed for August 23,24,25th. Whos coming??

Joe
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/07/19
Me and Gary.
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/07/19
Provided I still have a pulse, I will venture into the PA outback for said gala event. Looking forward to it.

If its copacetic for Saddlering, he is more than welcome to be my co-pilot again this year,
Posted By: steve99 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/07/19
I'll be there Joe unless a family medical thing gets worse by then. I"ll check with my brother and see if he wants to come as well. I'll probably do the same as last year and commute each day. I may bring the neon sign and some things to shoot. I'm looking forward to see everyone again and hopefully meet a coupla new faces.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/07/19

Myself and Zofia.
Originally Posted by oldotter
Provided I still have a pulse, I will venture into the PA outback for said gala event. Looking forward to it.

If its copacetic for Saddlering, he is more than welcome to be my co-pilot again this year,

Awesome Jerry. Hope John can make it with you.
[quote=steve99]I'll be there Joe unless a family medical thing gets worse by then. I"ll check with my brother and see if he wants to come as well. I'll probably do the same as last year and commute each day. I may bring the neon sign and some things to shoot. I'm looking forward to see everyone again and hopefully meet a coupla new faces.
Great. See ya there.

Myself and Zofia.

See ya there Ted.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/07/19
Each year is better and better. Excelsior!
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/07/19
I gave my word on super bowl sunday Id help, a with a big 3 day party, the same weekend, so unless they change the date I wont be able to make PA. this year! frown
Posted By: Dale K Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/08/19
Like I mentioned over on Facebook, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there.

Dale
I gave my word on super bowl sunday Id help, a with a big 3 day party, the same weekend, so unless they change the date I wont be able to make PA. this year! frown

Sorry you cant make it John.
Originally Posted by Dale K
Like I mentioned over on Facebook, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there.

Dale

Keeping fingers crossed Dale. Lol
Posted By: savage24 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/08/19
I responded on Facebook as well. I will be there!
Posted By: norm99 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/09/19

VERY CAREFULLY,, slow down take a deep breath and maybe wait for someone else to pull out.
I responded on FB and asked Joe what I should bring. He replied that I should just bring stuff to show and shoot. Now, I see Oldotter mention all the great food. Is this a pot luck kind of a thing? Should I prepare something and bring it along? I was not raised to show up at a function empty handed, and feel I should bring something to the party besides the usual charm and wit.

I'm going to bring something. My 99 collection at present only numbers 3, so it's safe to say I'll have room in the truck. Please, let me know if there is anything in particular that will be needed.

Also, I'll be heading north from Florida, taking INT 26 to INT 77 to INT 81. If anyone needs a ride, let me know.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/09/19
Truly, just bring yourself. Joe and I will have the larder full. We pass the hat and people throw in what they can afford, feel like donating, etc. The last two years that approach worked out most amicably. Even if nobody tossed a couple bucks in the hat we wouldn't care- it's no big deal, we just want to pull good people together for a weekend. If you want something to drink of an evening besides the water, soda, tea, coffee we provide, then that's up to you. Historically everybody shared what they brought in that regard.
What Gary said. Lol. Just come to have a good time with like minded friends. Looks to be about 15 people coming so far.

Joe
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/10/19
Makes me want to hop a plane.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Do it!!

Joe
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/10/19

Joe,
Know that you’ve indicated this before, but what kind of numbers can the camp accommodate?

If you do, please bring that gorgeous 250 with you. laugh

Joe,
Know that you’ve indicated this before, but what kind of numbers can the camp accommodate?

Roughly 25 in the cabin plus small campers or tents. The closest hotels would be in Tunkhannock Pa which is roughly 20 minutes from the cabin.

Joe
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/10/19

A one way ticket ain't too bad. Once you get a taste of Pennsyltucky you probably won't want to go bak to Orygun.

Seriously, make the effort. WTH, it's only a long weekend and a plane ticket. One of us can pick you up at an airport (unless you fly into Atlanta or something, in which case I'll dispatch Joe Martin to pick you up).
Let me check into it.
$500 for round trip. Someone available to pick me up the afternoon of the 22nd at BWI? If not I'll stick my thumb out and hope I don't get chopped up into little pieces and fed to the pigs.
I can pick you up. I live only 20 minutes from BWI. (But they can be the longest 20 minutes of your life with me at the wheel!) smile
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/10/19
Hell, I'll go Gary one better, even though we'll be driving together. I'll pick you up, buy you a MD crab cake sandwich and two beers.
Fireball, just bring that 250!
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/10/19
Roy last year was Great time, good folks , food and Fun! Im bumed, that I made other plans, I didnt know it would be on again this year, and that weekend! Im the caretaker for the place of the party, they all live down state, so theres alot Ill have to do! if I could get out of it I would, rather be in PA.with the fellows!
Hell, I'll go Gary one better, even though we'll be driving together. I'll pick you up, buy you a MD crab cake sandwich and two beers.

I'll see those two beers and raise you a six pack.
Roy last year was Great time, good folks , food and Fun! Im bumed, that I made other plans, I didnt know it would be on again this year, and that weekend! Im the caretaker for the place of the party, they all live down state, so theres alot Ill have to do! if I could get out of it I would, rather be in PA.with the fellows!

I'll provide you with a doctor's excuse, John.

Not going to trust that rifle to the airline baggage handlers. Definitely not going to trust it to the parcel shipping services with my luck! I was thinking maybe a shooter of one kind or another sent ahead with some ammo.

Oh heck, I live in Oregon, land of the craft beers. You fellas don't want to feed me reggalar beer, I get bitchy. More than normal I mean. blush
Natty Boh, baby, if you're in Murylin'. We're a tough crowd.

Scheeit, I can't believe we are getting in a bidding war over Roy. I'll throw in an Indian Head penny to use in a future front sight project!
It'll be nice having a servant for a couple days, huh Joe?
It'll be nice having a servant for a couple days, huh Joe?

I'll fetch the ammo, that's ok. smile

Not going to trust that rifle to the airline baggage handlers. Definitely not going to trust it to the parcel shipping services with my luck! I was thinking maybe a shooter of one kind or another sent ahead with some ammo.

Yeah, understood.

But, man, I'd love to see that thing up close and personal!
Roy, I need a beer. Roy, fetch me my pipe. Roy, bring me some Doritos.
Ah now Roy, we'll treat you like royalty. Maybe.
Would I need a sleeping bag, etc? I'm thinking of a loaded backpack and hop the plane just like the old days.
Would I need a sleeping bag, etc? I'm thinking of a loaded backpack and hop the plane just like the old days.

You will need a sheet and blanket Roy. All the bunks have bedding on them but they arent used that often. Glad your coming. Im looking forward to meeting you.

Joe
Roy, I'd send you one of my 50LB custom solid Oak shipping crates, but with your luck, it would get snapped in half, probably with duel tire tracks.
Just cradle the rifle in your lap. Airlines are very accommodating these days.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/23/19
OK going to buy the ticket asap. If I arrive on the evening of the 22nd what day and time should I book a return flight?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/23/19
We leave to come home late Sunday morning and get back down in this neck of the woods late afternoon. (That would be Sunday, the 25th.)

If we decide to bring you back that is.
So Monday morning or Sunday evening? Should we plan a night of debauchery on Sunday or will we be done by then? LOL
Debauchery on Sunday night? Depends on how much ammo we have left.
Posted By: S99VG Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/23/19
Roy, I need a beer. Roy, fetch me my pipe. Roy, bring me some Doritos.

Ah man, you guys going to have Doritos!
Jeff, we have everything. Literally.

Plus, and don't tell anybody, Trump has agreed to be our keynote speaker.
I don't have a concept of distances involved. I can take a taxi to the airport 20 miles from Gary's on Sunday night or I can go Monday morn. Are there motels in the area for Sunday night or would gnoahhh be stuck with me? I really don't care I just need to know the skinny on the airline ticket return date.
Posted By: S99VG Re: 2019- a new year and... - 04/23/19
Jeff, we have everything. Literally.

Plus, and don't tell anybody, Trump has agreed to be our keynote speaker.

Hey, I have simple tastes and the chips are good enough for me!
I don't have a concept of distances involved. I can take a taxi to the airport 20 miles from Gary's on Sunday night or I can go Monday morn. Are there motels in the area for Sunday night or would gnoahhh be stuck with me? I really don't care I just need to know the skinny on the airline ticket return date.

Whichever you wish to do, Roy. I can drop you at the airport when we get back Sunday, or you're welcome to bunk here and I'll run you to the airport Monday morning. Personally I would opt for the latter as that way there's no pressure to meet a departure time after a 3-4 hour drive through the gauntlet of uncertain traffic.
OK Gary. Don't mean to put you on the spot for a place to stay, just a departure time. We can work out the details on that later. Thanks buddy. I'll get er bought.
Bump to top
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 05/10/19
I've had 1 run away, and 2 decide to take up residence in my safe since last years outing. My 1937 Speigel EG flew the coop last week, and to fill the void I seduced a 1937 G to come home with me. Also acquired a 1940 R, or maybe RS. It has the RS type sling eyes, but didn't have a peep on it when bought. Don't remember if there were any witness marks on the tang prior to Stithing it. Both will be coming to "Deliverance", PA this August. If I can solve my technological issues, I will post pics on a new thread. The new 99G is flawless. Can't even say for sure one way or another if its been fired. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
Thats great Jerry. Cant wait to see them. I added and sold a couple myself.

Joe
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 05/10/19
I put my 303B and my Speigel in an auction, they should be going up soon. One of the members of our Sunday Lunch Bunch is in poor health, and his kids had to liquidate his collection. I bought a Ruger #3 in 25-35 from him, I'll bring it, along with my SRC and Malcolm, maybe a couple more?
Posted By: Rick99 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 05/11/19
I didn't know the #3 was made in .25-35. Sounds like an interesting addition.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 05/11/19
Originally Posted by Rick99

It wasn't, custom Barrel. I got the original 375 Winchester barrel also. I called the guy that installed the barrel to see if he had in his records what the twist was. His records showed that the customer brought the barrel in. Should be easy enough to do the cleaning rod twist test.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 05/11/19

It wasn't, custom Barrel. I got the original 375 Winchester barrel also. I called the guy that installed the barrel to see if he had in his records what the twist was. His records showed that the customer brought the barrel in. Should be easy enough to do the cleaning rod twist test. I also bought a Leupold vari x 3 in 1.5X5. I think it will be a nice little combo.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 05/13/19
Ok, putting it on the calendar. August 23, 24,25. I'm picking Roy up at BWI on Thursday, he gets the guest's suite. There might be a minor glitch. My daughter is having her bridal shower one weekend in August, and I don't know which. If it's the same weekend, Roy and I, might have to stay at Barley&Hops till they close, or the girls clear out.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 05/13/19
Hey Joe hows the new Knee doing? that #3 sounds great! I picked up a contender pistol barrel in 25-35, been giving me troubles tho!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 05/14/19
Ok, putting it on the calendar. August 23, 24,25. I'm picking Roy up at BWI on Thursday, he gets the guest's suite. There might be a minor glitch. My daughter is having her bridal shower one weekend in August, and I don't know which. If it's the same weekend, Roy and I, might have to stay at Barley&Hops till they close, or the girls clear out.

Here's to hoping the bridal shower coincides with our get together so we have an excuse to hang out at the bar Joe!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 05/14/19
One thing we have an abundance of here in Maryland is good bars, Roy.

(Oh he doesn't know what he's getting himself into....)
Ok, next year we'll do a fest or rendezvous at Barley and Hops. I'll rent the bar and kitchen for the weekend, and we can pile our rifles in the dining room. Kill two birds with one stone- why didn't anybody ever think of that?

It wasn't, custom Barrel. I got the original 375 Winchester barrel also. I called the guy that installed the barrel to see if he had in his records what the twist was. His records showed that the customer brought the barrel in. Should be easy enough to do the cleaning rod twist test.

Ok, you've had it a month now, Joe. What is the twist, and have you mounted the scope and shot it yet? Details, we need details!
The clubs Savage Rendezvous is getting closer. So far we have 18 people staying for the weekend and 5 planning to stop in to visit. We have people coming from Pa,Md,Mn,Mo,Ma,Fl,Or,Vt,Mi,NY,and even Canada. Still room for more. Dont miss out. Just come for a day if you can. Again it is the weekend of Aug 23,24,25 in Noxen Pa. More info as we get closer.

Joe
I was asked to post names so here’s who’s coming.

Jay Roote
Joe Brady
Joe Brady Jr
Gary
Joe Martin
Keith Nystrom
Doug Armstrong
Dale K
Dave Manseau
Ray Emel
Tim Doherty
Wayde Squires
Ted Pocono Jack
Jerry Old Otter
Roy Fireball
Dave Sheldrick
Ryan Emery
Vince Bartusik
Steve Vorhees and brother. Steve 99 i believe
Greg Yocum
Joshua Brady
Kurt Schroyer
Charles Wood
Posted By: Dale K Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/06/19
I may not make it. Work just dumped a week long training on me in Lebanon Pa. Ends at noon on that Friday. Just too much to drive home to western Pa. and back to eastern Pa to meet you all. There's a chance I may not have to do the training, but...

Dale
Originally Posted by Dale K
I may not make it. Work just dumped a week long training on me in Lebanon Pa. Ends at noon on that Friday. Just too much to drive home to western Pa. and back to eastern Pa to meet you all. There's a chance I may not have to do the training, but...

Dale

Well that sucks. Hope its cancelled. Lol

Joe
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/06/19
Dale run those dogs to the pound and show up! grin

I was hoping you'd be there. Really wanting to say hello.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/17/19

If someone would be kind enough to post the link, I can email articles from local newspapers featuring the Rattlesnake Roundup that was held in Noxen this past weekend.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
Just wondering did they get many rattlers?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
Hope they got them ALL!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
I heard there was one they couldn't catch, a big one, like, 8 feet long with 3" fangs. As it slithered into the woods it could be heard whispering "psst, psst, Roy, you out there?"

Nah, Roy, never any snakes in evidence. Besides, what chance would one have around a dozen guys armed to the teeth? Trust me, if there were rattlers around that building I wouldn't go within 5 miles of the place.
Posted By: Malcolm Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
That's a good thing to know about when traveling in the hot arid areas on the West side of the Rockies ; just the right time to have a pistol handy.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
A friend reached down for something on his patio and got popped on the finger by a young rattler. Drove to the hospital. Arm swelled up to his shoulder...very painful.

I grew up in rattler country and he is the only person I've know that has been bit.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
A friend at work told me he got nailed when he was a teenager.He was a dispatcher so we were talking on the phone. He told me to come to the office the next day and he would show me. It looked like someone took a chainsaw to the back of his hand. You could see the fang marks and all the meat around the bite that had died. Wicked scar.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19

Just wondering did they get many rattlers?

Results of the Roundup

39 timber rattlesnakes
- largest dark phase rattlesnake at 53 inches
- largest light phase rattlesnake at 52 inches
- heaviest rattlesnake 4 lbs. 6 oz.
- rattlesnake with the most rattles - 16
7 copperheads
25 nonvenomous snakes
- largest was a black rat snake that measured 74 1/2 inches

ALL of the snakes were returned to the wild in the exact area where they were found.

ALL of the snakes were returned to the wild in the exact area where they were found.

WTH? Sure the non venomous ones, but the rattlesnakes? People are crazy!
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19

WTH? Sure the non venomous ones, but the rattlesnakes? People are crazy!

Per the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission website:

Timber Rattlesnake: A Candidate for Threatened and Endangered Species in Pennsylvania.

The Timber Rattlesnake is listed on Pennsylvania’s Wildlife Action Plan as a species of immediate concern. It is one of seven reptiles in this highest priority tier. It is therefore protected under specific regulations by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.

The timber rattlesnake is a protected in PA. Taking (killing, injuring, harassing) of timber rattlesnakes without a permit is prohibited.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
Ok, I get all that. I really do. But I'll warrant you that if there was one species I wouldn't mind seeing going extinct it would be the rattlesnake. Copperheads a close second. I'll take my chances with a few more chipmunks, mice, and frogs in the wild in exchange for the loss of venomous snakes. Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (or Maryland DNR which has a similar policy) notwithstanding, when I see a venomous snake and I have gun in hand so I don't have to get too close to it, it's bye-bye Mr. Snake.

I was nailed by a copperhead once. Luckily I was wearing rubber hip waders so it was merely a close call, but I flailed it with a $400 graphite fly rod nonetheless. I personally know of two dogs owned by close friends, who were bitten and both died. Heck, many years ago my Mom suffered a nasty infected bite on her hand incurred while weeding a flower bed, eventual loss of the hand was a real possibility- and that was from a dam*ed black snake.

God, I hate snakes.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
If I rember right last year Joe or his Brother in Law Jay said to keep an eye open for rattle snakes, I did even know that PA had rattle snakes! Gee I wish I was going!
Ima bring some firepower.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
What gnoahhh said. A very small one struck the top of my penny loafers when I was about 13 and left venom and parallel scratch marks on the top of my shoe. I hate them and if I don't have a gun I will find a long stick and beat them to death. Or in the case of one on a dirt road I locked the brakes on my Father's '56 Chevy carryall and scrambled the SOB. We don't have poisonous snakes here and I am thankful for that. I hate them!
I have never seen one at the cabin but i know they are there.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/19/19
I've been working and recreating outdoors my whole life. I've had many encounters with all kinds of snakes. Black rat snakes, Copperheads,Timber rattlers, Red rat snakes, Water moccasins, big old water snakes, you name it. I've actually stepped squarely on very big black snakes on several occasions and not one of them has bitten me although they could have easily if they wanted to. Scared the be Jesus out of me though.

My snake policy is live and let live, until I get bitten.

Just me.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/20/19
If I see a rattler up there, he's gettin skint, thrown on the grill, and his rattles made into a necklace for me. Or, he can just eat me.
Posted By: Rakkasan Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/20/19
Had a rattler creep into a foxhole during war games at Ft Campbell, KY. One fella claimed they were good eatin'! We skinned him out and 'kababed him on a Jeep dipstick. He was WAY better than MRE's. I still have the rattle.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/20/19
Wish I could come up with a 375 and/or 38-55 shot load. Closest I've been able to come up with is a 3 lead ball load that's good for grouse to 20 yards.
Originally Posted by Rakkasan
Had a rattler creep into a foxhole during war games at Ft Campbell, KY. One fella claimed they were good eatin'! We skinned him out and 'kababed him on a Jeep dipstick. He was WAY better than MRE's. I still have the rattle.

I don't kill snakes anymore. They're more beneficial than dangerous. (venomous aside)
I just move them or ignore them. Let a garter snake loose in the timbers around my garden. Haven't seen evidence of a mouse in years. Learned that trick from my Grampa, he released snakes in his corn crib.

Some timber rattlers in my area, but the sound of a lawn mower or chainsaw and they move to a more quiet hill.

Don't worry about Noxen. Joe will have snake bite kits for all attendees. Bring your own snake boots though. smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/20/19
Regarding sucking venom out of a bite: sorry, Roy, if you get bit on the end of your you-know-what you're gonna die, and we get to divvy up your stuff.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/20/19
That joke was going around when I was at Camp Pendleton. Actually the joke was that the guy with the bitten guy went to the phone and called a hospital and they said cut an X over the bite and suck out the poison. They guy asked them what would happen if he didn't do that and they said the bitten guy would die. He returned to the bitten guy and said, "you're gonna die!"
Posted By: Rakkasan Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/21/19
I don't kill them anymore. I have never seen a rattler in my neighborhood, but am aware that they are around.

As a kid, my Mom got bit on the foot by a copperhead. It made her pretty sick at the time. Bothered her for years but no permanent damage. I "harvested" 30 to 40 of them after that 'til I was 20 something. The last one I saw was 1991.

Sunshine has a six or seven foot red tailed boa that lives in our house. We have no mice...
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 06/21/19

Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Originally Posted by Rakkasan

I don't kill snakes anymore. They're more beneficial than dangerous. (venomous aside)
I just move them or ignore them. Let a garter snake loose in the timbers around my garden. Haven't seen evidence of a mouse in years. Learned that trick from my Grampa, he released snakes in his corn crib.

Some timber rattlers in my area, but the sound of a lawn mower or chainsaw and they move to a more quiet hill.

Don't worry about Noxen. Joe will have snake bite kits for all attendees. Bring your own snake boots though. smile

[Linked Image]

My snake boots are a pair of rubber Shimano boat shoes, they are all I wear year round, even in the snow. I have a brand new pair for Church.
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/05/19
Getting closer by the day, felt this should be bumped back up. Looking forward to putting on the 10 lbs I just lost in August. If nothing else(to which there be plenty of) I am salivating on seeing some new old friends, and apologizing to them on my behavior last year. : crazy and making a few new ones that will have stories to take back home and tell folks just how demented we are! For a bunch of classless beer swirreling folks, youz guyz are the best group of totally class acts to be found in a 50 mile radius. wink
Hell, maybe a 75 mile radius.
A little over a month away. I’m looking forward to another great time with my Savage brothers.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/05/19
Taking a few days off now, looking forward to August too!
Posted By: steve99 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/25/19
Joe;

Due to both an unexpected work schedule change and a family care issue on top of that, I'll miss the gathering this year, regretfully. I know you'll have a great time! I'll plan to see you at the next one.
We’ll miss ya Steve. Cant control the unexpected. We will catch you at the next one.

Joe

Could one of the hosts of this soiree please post or PM the address in Pa.. I'll be heading to my camp in the Catskills soon and won't have internet access once I'm on the road. I'd like to be able to punch it into my truck GPS so that I'm all set when the time comes. Thanks.

Tim
Here is the address to the Savage Rendezvous. This will get you to the Noxen Food Mart in town using your GPS. Follow my directions from there to the cabin. I will have signs posted at the 3 turns you need to make to get there. It is approximately 3 miles from the store to the cabin.
Any questions ask here or pm me. Thanks. Joe.
3592 State RT 29
Noxen Pa.
Keith will be posting the map from the store to the cabin shortly.

Joe
Here is the map. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/medium/77577.jpg%5B/img
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/29/19
Originally Posted by triple_deuce
[Linked Image]

Ima be the guy in the back seat drinking Joe Martin's rum, so pass this long to him so as we make it on schedule. LOL.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/30/19
Going to Miss this year, Plan on coming to the next one tho! you fellows will be in my thoughts!
Going to Miss this year, Plan on coming to the next one tho! you fellows will be in my thoughts!

We’ll catch ya at the next one John!!

Joe
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/30/19
You fellas need to quit bailing out on us. We're some fun cats, you're gunna miss out! LOL
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/30/19
I never could have made this one, But would have liked to meet you Roy!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/30/19
John, you will truly be missed. We'll fire a 21 gun salute, or, well, perhaps a shot or two from the cannon in your honor!
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/30/19
John, you will truly be missed. We'll fire a 21 gun salute, or, well, perhaps a shot or two from the cannon in your honor!

I'm all in for 21 shots of rum!
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/30/19
I will miss John more than most. Hell, he kept me awake for 8 hours to and from the fest. grin We will definitely hoist a jigger in his honor.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/31/19
and Ill do the Same for you Fine Fellows! went to Lunch with a lady today and spend the day riding around in her 55 Chevy! Life is GOOD!
Posted By: Dale K Re: 2019- a new year and... - 07/31/19
I'm not going to make it either. I have to be at a training for work all week and need to move stuff from my old house to the new one over the weekend. Have a great time folks!

Dale
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/01/19
If I feel so inclined to bring a couple shooting irons, will there be table display real estate available like last year? If so, I might be inclined to bring a 99 or 4 to said alleged fest. I know 2 Joe's have added to their respective stables since last years gala, and might indeed have spoken for all available table space. Inquiring minds would like to know.
Lots of table space available Jerry. Bring em all!!
I was at the cabin today for their annual clambake and spoke with my brother in law Jay. He said we can roll in anytime on Friday. I will be there around 8 to start setting up display tables. See you all there!!

Joe
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/04/19
I'm leaving Thursday morning and spending the night off I80 in Wauseon, OH. I figure I'll have about another 475 miles to go on Friday and hope to be there by 3, maybe a little earlier if I get my butt up early enough.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/04/19
I would leave now, Keith. Stop at every gun shop along the way!
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/11/19
Bump!! Getting close enough to start getting excited. Going to see if I can hit the road early enough to get there in time Friday early afternoon to liberate some lead prior to fine dining and maybe an adult beverage or two. Last years get together went off without a hitch. No reason to believe this year won't meet / exceed expectations.

Godspeed...
Jerry
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/11/19
Sighted in a 303 today for the trip back. Trying to scrub the sewer pipe barrel out first. LOL.

I plan on leaving my camp in the Catskills between 10-11 on Friday morning. Should roll in somewhere around 12:30-1:30pm. Looking forward to meeting y'all.
11 more days!!

Joe
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/17/19

Still a week out, but the extended weather forecast is looking pretty good. Sunny with daytime highs in the mid 70’s/low 80’s and nighttime lows around 60. Just about perfect.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/17/19
I'm packed and ready!
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/17/19

Still a week out, but the extended weather forecast is looking pretty good. Sunny with daytime highs in the mid 70’s/low 80’s and nighttime lows around 60. Just about perfect.

That weather report is music to my ears. I was worried bout monsoon down pours or 95 deg high humidity. Sounds like a prescription for flawless weekend of pure exuberance. Can't wait to mingle with schmart guys, eat like kings and shoot some mighty fine Savages. I call dibs on my last years room with electrical outlets for my C-Pap machine. wink
Its looking great!! Jerry you and Keith can share a room with your machines.
This sounds like a fun time... Hold this every year???
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/17/19
Third year running.

Just give me my old bunk away from the snorers. I swear otherwise I'll keep a .45 under my pillow, and won't share Heidi and Trudy with yez.
Third year running.

Just give me my old bunk away from the snorers. I swear otherwise I'll keep a .45 under my pillow, and won't share Heidi and Trudy with yez.

Lol. You have dibs on the same one Gary.

Joe
Posted By: oldotter Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/18/19
The beaut of my C-Pap machine is its almost impossible to snore with it. So if you hear snoring, focus your attention elsewhere, cause it don't be me. grin
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/18/19
Joe, is Nichols NY close to Noxen? My friend has some property there for sale. He said he thinks they ate dinner in a restaurant in Noxen?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/18/19

Joe, is Nichols NY close to Noxen? My friend has some property there for sale. He said he thinks they ate dinner in a restaurant in Noxen?

70 miles
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/19/19
Four days and counting....

Keith should be somewhere around Columbus, Ohio by now. As long as the Schwinn holds up he should be here in time.

Roy was last seen galloping through Omaha. I understand he wouldn't commit his rifles to UPS for the trip so he went with Pony Express, but he didn't trust them either so he said "just gimmee the dammed horse and I'll do it myself."

I'm calling Joe Martin every hour on the hour from here on out to make sure he's awake by Friday morning when we leave.

I understand Poconojack is standing at the on ramp for I-81 with his thumb out as we speak.

Joe Brady? He's still trying to figure out how to load 23 99's on a Harley.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/19/19
I picked up a dude hitchhiking in Idaho in 1984 or so. He was wearing a wool mackinaw, had no bag and was just standing there on the freeway on ramp with his thumb out, so I figured it was a farmer broke down on his way back to retrieve a pickup or whatever. Turns out he was headed east so we rode together all the way to Ohio. He said he had better luck getting a ride without any gear.

Didn't figure I'd likely get a ride holding a brace of Savages and 10,000 rounds of ammo so I'm flying. grin
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/19/19
I gotta work right up until I leave so Ima be a little punchdrunk. Hopefully Joe Martin won't talk my ears off, I'll look like that cartoon character with the X'd out eyes the whole weekend! Just prop me up on the firing line and get my finger in the lever, I'll take er from there!
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/19/19
I might need a bag of quarters to pay all the ransom/holdup machines driving through Illinois. crazy Car gets an oil change tomorrow am.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/19/19
heh.. wait until you get to Ohio. You'll need 5's and 10's.
I don't know which way Siri will tell you to go, but I would avoid the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It too isn't cheap toll-wise.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/19/19
I don't know which way Siri will tell you to go, but I would avoid the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It too isn't cheap toll-wise.

Won't hit the PA turnpike at all; taking I80 across.
I plan on leaving from Twin Cities so that I'll hit Chicago suburbs around 11am ... hopefully morning traffic will be lighter by then.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/19/19
"I understand Poconojack is standing at the on ramp for I-81 with his thumb out as we speak."

I'll wager that the man with the beagle will be first there. Who can resist a beagle with its paw out?
"I understand Poconojack is standing at the on ramp for I-81 with his thumb out as we speak."

I'll wager that the man with the beagle will be first there. Who can resist a beagle with its paw out?

laugh
Originally Posted by Calhoun
heh.. wait until you get to Ohio. You'll need 5's and 10's.

Nickels and dimes? That ain't bad.
I dont care how you are all coming as long as your arses are there. Lol. Safe travels everyone. I will be at the cabin setting up by 9 on Friday morning.

Joe
We'll be there about then ( if Joe doesn't drive us by way of Delaware Gap).
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/19/19
I'm taking the scenic route through Mathias WV so I can get breakfast at my favorite diner. Two eggs over easy, 2 pieces of scrapple bigger than a cell phone, and home fries for $4.99. Then heading past dear camp to show Roy how small WV dear are, then head North.
Guess again. You go on ahead, Roy and I will meet you up there.
Ok guys. Only a couple days away from the Rendezvous. If anyone that said they were coming cant make it let me know. I will be starting the food shopping tomorrow. Also anyone that is coming i ask you to bring something small for the member exchange. Gary and I started it last year. We all pick a number and pick something from the pile. It was fun.

The menu for the weekend:
Fri lunch- burgers, dogs, chips, snacks, drinks.
Fri dinner- Hot sausage, pasta salad, chips, snacks, drinks.
Sat breakfast- eggs, toast, sausage, coffee, juice.
Sat lunch- burgers, dogs, chips, snacks, drinks.
Sat dinner- steaks, corn on the cob, baked potato, salad, drinks.
Sun breakfast- eggs, toast, sausage, coffee, juice.
If anyone would like to bring a snack feel free to do so.

Cant wait to meet some new members and make some new friends.

Joe
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/20/19
Man, I hope Joe tosses that new K into the member exchange.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/20/19
Member exchange? WTH? Do they allow beer on the plane?
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/20/19

If gnoahhh had started these a few years ago, I would have needed a new car by now.
Posted By: saddlering Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/20/19
I walked away with a Sweet little hand made knife! that I bloodied on a big Doe in Oct. Sure wish I was coming to this Im in next year if its on again!
Posted By: 99guy Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/21/19

Don't worry plenty of Natty Light and Busch Light in Pa.

Best served warm and in a can.

Can't believe I'm going to miss the party. Maybe next year....
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by 99guy

I come from the land of craft beers. Sounds like a looooong weekend in PA! sick grin
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/21/19
That’s why they make growlers and crowlers, bring the craft beer with ya.

I come from the land of craft beers. Sounds like a looooong weekend in PA! sick grin

Roy, what's your favorite flavor? I'm bringing a Growler of my favorite IPA, and a Growler of some hefflezeffle stuff that Gary seems to like.

Can't believe I'm going to miss the party. Maybe next year....

Randy, I remember when Pittsburgh Brewing Co bought out every small brewing company they could get their hands on. From Old German and Iron City to Olde Frothingslosh, whos logo was "The Stale Pale Ale with the foam on the bottom". Here's an article about the passing of Miss OLde Frothingslosh, Marsha Phillips.
http://old.post-gazette.com/obituaries/20000529marsha2.asp
Just funnin ya Joe!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/21/19
Yeah, but he's not funnin' you...
I can drink Natty lite. I feel sorry for the guy that's in the bunk above me though.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/22/19
Careful. Around here "Natty" means National Bohemian beer. It would seem "Natty" is creeping into the national vernacular as short for Natural Light, but in this neck of the woods you'll get a "Natty Boh" if you say that to a bartender, and rightfully so I might add!

We've been calling it Natty Boh since before Natural Light was a stain on the collective conscience of beer drinkers!
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/22/19
Careful. Around here "Natty" means National Bohemian beer.

Never heard of that one ... too many Sweds, Norwegians and Finns in my neck of the woods. I'd better install a charcoal filter in my CPAP tomorrow morning before I leave.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/22/19
Haha! National Brewing Company was the king of the Baltimore breweries. In its heyday it held an 85% market share around town.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/22/19
Just funnin ya Joe!

The mere mention of "Lite" (Diet) beer sends Joe into a tailspin. wink
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/22/19
Thanks, Randy, now I don't have to say it. One of my earliest memories is drinking my milk from a Mr. Boh beer glass. Don't have any idea where it came from, neither of my parents drank. I still have it, and the picture of Mr. Boh, with a big handle bar mustache is crystal clear.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 2019- a new year and... - 08/22/19
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire