Home
Posted By: johno s/n on barrel, is this common - 04/16/19
Just had my checkered F out to take some photos for a member here and noticed the last 3 numbers of the s/n appear on the barrel near the take down arrow is this normal on F's

Johno
It is seen from time to time. The F I just bought has the last 3 on the underside of the barrel as well. I know I have at least one or two more T/D's of different configurations with the last 3 there as well. I also have several more without the last 3, so "every" barrel doesn't have them
I have several 99G’s with numbered barrels. More common in the ‘20’s I think although some early rifles were numbered as well.
Sometime after 278xxx the TD barrels had the last 3 digits of the serial stamped on them. It stopped after 388xxx.
Posted By: ctw Re: s/n on barrel, is this common - 04/16/19
I have always thought that rifles with the full sn stamped on the barrel where special? Non takedown and not only a partial#
Thanks for the info.

Hey keep a watch out after Easter the solid frame 99E will be with me then i'll get pics up or send to Rory as ive had to do other times

Johno
Originally Posted by ctw
I have always thought that rifles with the full sn stamped on the barrel where special? Non takedown and not only a partial#

I agree. I just don't know if there was any common reason other than tying the brl to the receiver. For example if a rifle required disassembly after production they might have serialed the brl since it would have already been fitted to the receiver...?
Posted By: RAS Re: s/n on barrel, is this common - 04/18/19
I have a number of TDs. Only one has the 3 digit number. I have one with the whole number but that was one that the factory redid for one of their employees. And it went from being a 22HP, to a 30-30.
© 24hourcampfire