Home
Was able to get a double with my youngest son on the last morning of our trip. He used a Savage Fox double 20 ga and I was using the Stevens 9478 in 20 Ga with a barrel that I had trimmed to 20" and added the remchoke. We had a great time. Notice the lack of camo. Both birds were under 20 yard shots. They were young birds. Each beard was 3-4" long and no spurs, but till had a blast.

Oh yeah, we do wear Stormy Kromers whenever we hunt.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Congrads Jim & Son! The Kromers are the Key to a Great Hunt!
Very Nice.

The Kromers are what made the difference. I have 3 of them, but living in AZ, don't often get a chance to wear them.

Congrats to you and your son on a successful time together.
I'd congratulate Jim but he wouldn't be able to read it anyhow. Anybody watching the pork bellies market?
Making memories that will never fade. Boy do I miss my Dad...

Thanks for posting!
Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

I don't understand how y'all managed that feat without camouflage and face paint. grin

I have no pics of my Dad and I while hunting. I would sell my soul for one now. (You listening Mr. Devil? I'm serious.)
What'd you do, bug out before the snow arrived? grin

Very nice, I'm jealous! Someday I'll get up there to snag a bird or two.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

I don't understand how y'all managed that feat without camouflage and face paint. grin

I have no pics of my Dad and I while hunting. I would sell my soul for one now. (You listening Mr. Devil? I'm serious.)

Sorry Gary, I just found a couple of my Dad and me, and was thinking of a "Dad and Me" thread. I think the one, with a nice 8 pointer taken on Town Hill has my friend holding his daughter in the pic. I was taking the pic, so I guess that one would not count.
Thats great!! Congrats to both of you.
Nice birds there, don’t know where you’re located, but are those Merriams or Rios, hybrids??
North central Nebraska. Merriam's.
I guessed Merriams with those white tips, they are on the list for my boys and I to hunt. I called around valentine/ sparks area to find a place to go. Maybe next year. Ever hunt them in fall??
A few times in the fall. Our ground is an hour east of Valentine. Near Long Pine.
Would be interested in any contacts you have out there for a place to hunt them, private land farm, public land, I did send for turkey info from Nebraska game and fish to get us started. Paul
White Oak Outfitters out of Mills, NE guide up near me. Look good on Facebook, but haven’t used them obviously.

I’d invite ya down to my land to hunt in exchange for some turkey hunting lessons, but even tho turkeys come thru very often I only have a few acres and couldn’t guarantee anything.
Very nice Jim! Good on both of You! This is definitely what it's all about, getting out with our sons/daughters
I'm SO jealous! Fantastic!
I really like the cut down 20. Let me know when you part with it. I'll come down and hunt with it beforehand.
Brian,
That thing is light and easy to maneuver. It would be a hard one to part with. Not sure if my youngest would let me.....ha ha ha.
Jim
Very good on you Jim! Great pics too!

The smiles tell all that needs to be said!

dave
That's just outstanding! Fall turkeys aren't easy. great pictures.
© 24hourcampfire