Home
We had an awesome turnout!! Thanks to everyone that attended. Hope to meet some more new faces next year. I posted 3 folders of pics in the image gallery. If someone could move them to this post it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Joe
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Rendezvous 2019 Pics - 08/25/19
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14076121/savage-rendezvous-2019

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...14076130/savage-rendezvous-2019#comments

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...14076137/savage-rendezvous-2019#comments

Don't think this is the correct way so if you can do better please do.
Thanks Rick!!

Joe

Great weekend. Lots of fun in the Endless Mountains.
A most excellent weekend. Sad it's over. (And no, Jerry, Dave is not here.)
I had a ball. Dave's not here either.
I am glad to report that no Natty Lite was consumed in Noxen, PA this weekend.

That is all.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Savage Rendezvous 2019 Pics - 08/25/19
Sure was quiet around here this weekend with all you guys off-line... laugh

Looks like you had:
Great food.
Great accommodations.
Great weather.
Great people.
...and a great selection of Savage Lever Rifles!

Now we need names and who missed the photo session, please. smile

PS...putting the rifle info on a white note card (I think that started with RAS at the last Savage Fest 2018) makes it easy to later identify in the photos. Great idea.
Looks like you guys had a great time!
Sorry to miss it this year but couldn't be helped. Looks like a great time was had by all! And wonderful weather for it.
Attendees were:
Front Row: Jerry( Old Otter), Gary(Gnoahhh), Roy(Fireball2), Joe( JoeMartin).
Back Row: Joe Flamm, John Minchoff, Skip Emel, Myself( Triple Deuce), Joshua Brady, Tim( Eaglemountainman), Kurt Schroyer, Joe Brady Jr, Doug( Savage 24), Cameron Schroyer, Ted( Pocono Jack), Dave Manseau, Keith( KeithNyst), David Sheldrick. Missing were Ryan McGrady, John Palmiter. In the second group photo my brother in law Jay Roote was the first one in the first row.
Left paradise at 10:30, pulled up to my humble domain a spit after 7:00. Eternal gratitude to Joe (Triple Deuce) and his BIL Jay for being stellar hosts and enabling me to find that 10 pounds I had lost. Keith and Doug won the most click on the odometer contest of those who came by land. Most enjoyable time without a hitch. Don't see how it could have been any better.

Garry, Dave is not here either. whistle

Originally Posted by gnoahhh
A most excellent weekend. Sad it's over. (And no, Jerry, Dave is not here.)
Looks like another great Fest for Savages! wink
Fellows sorry I missed it this year, Looks like a Great Time had by All, But NO Cannon?????
Missed you there John. I think you would have liked the Noske scope. I think it is as cool as the Malcolm. Gary used some secret VooDoo magic on my Lyman 438 Field scope mounts and got it on the 23D Hornet for me. I think it took about 4 shots to have it dialed in pretty good. Busted a few clay pigeons with it. Gary wiped out a whole row of clay birds with one shot of the 1911. That was almost as good as the cannon.
Got Fireball to the airport at 0-dark-hundred this morning. I debated whether to just drive him home and go hunting with him, instead of putting him on a plane after he told me all about the bear hunting opportunities where he lives.

We made that mountain ring with the incessant beat of Savage rifle fire this weekend. Might have to hit the gym and go on the wagon this week to counteract the effects of Savage fellowship!
Nothing like rubbing shoulders with Savage guys, and seeing all the fine rifles (and shooting a lot of them), to get the old Savage juices flowing again!
Joe would have loved to shoot your "K" with the Noske scope!
Posted By: S99VG Re: Savage Rendezvous 2019 Pics - 08/26/19
Very cool!
Just walked in the door boys, back home in Orry-gone. (Can't find Dave here either, he musta cleared out).

A special thanks to Joe Martin for hosting me on arrival, transporting my gun to a drop off point for shipment home (an hour out of his way!), and bunking up. Gary for hosting me last night and the gun show-and tell, plus the grand tour of Annapolis Maryland. Splendid treatment undeserved but welcomed with true humility. Great men both.

Joe "Triple Deuce" for hosting, and Jay cooked all those meals. The wives helped, kids were a real blessing (the boy can shoot!). Somehow I missed the Natural Light when it went around, which was a major disappointment. grin NOT.

Tim was a most excellent help on the binoculars at the range, calling the shots for everyone. Pocono Jack with his engraved 99F 243 about drove me into bankruptcy, barely made it out alive! Jerry Oldotter with his ready laugh, Gary, Doug and others with their stories. Dave had that 32-40 which I was not expecting to shoot like it did. That thing is COOL!

Everyone contributed something, Keith had an awesome little 250 he was working up loads for, right there on the table with hand tools! I could go on and on, but I'll let someone else cover some of it. As for myself, I grabbed a 99E in 303 but didn't have time to work up any good loads for it, so I went back on the forum and found some threads talking about best 303 loads. I loaded up 180 rounds with 150 grain semi round nose bullets, brand unknown, and 31 grains of 3031 powder and sent them ahead. Everything was waiting for me on arrival. Didn't shoot fer schit as it turns out. Gotta be careful what you read on the innernet!

[Linked Image]

Sorry guys just had to rub it in. cool

Spending the day shooting, watching everyone sighting in and shooting for groups, all just made my heart happy to be alive. What a great bunch of guys. Beautiful country back there too.
Somebody missed out on buying John's 250 uncheckered EG with the Spiegle holes for $750. I didn't want to deal with shipping and all that.
Glad to have had you here, Roy! Maryland ain't all bad, huh?! Wish we weren't flogged half to death by the time we got home- crab cakes and sweet tea on the Eastern Shore would've been almost as good as the pizza on the patio turned out to be. (The gun talk and show and tell was icing on the cake!)

I arrived home this afternoon at 2:30. What can I say that hasn't been posted here already, except that it was too short? I too had a tremendously joyous time this past weekend. What a great bunch of guys! All infinitely more knowledgeable about these Savage 99s than myself, but all very willing to share that knowledge and fill in, at least a few, of the voids for me. I appreciate the opportunity to handle, and even shoot some very fine old firearms, along with one very sweet Kimber Montana. Good luck this season, Ted.

I couldn't have scripted a better time. Three days of great food, drink, accommodations and easy interaction with a group of guys that I didn't even know until I arrived on Friday. I won't try to mention everyone by name, (mostly because my addled brain makes that a virtual impossibility), but I would like each and every one of you guys to know that I thoroughly enjoyed your company and conversation these past three days.

I would also like to especially thank our very gracious hosts Joe, Jay and their wives and families for making me/us feel so welcome and at ease and making this weekend possible. If a third annual gathering is planned, I would very much hope to be on the guest list for a chance to repeat this past experience.

Thanks again to all,

Tim
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Over 100 Savages present btw, including some special ones. Already mentioned PoconoJacks engraved 243 99F (one of five known, only one in 243, and it "lettered"), Joe had a sweet checkered F in 30-30 among others, Dave had an A2 engraved and checkered 303, Quite a few common guns with great or like new condition. Also mentioned John had a 250 EG, uncheckered, with the Spiegle holes. There were a few of the Savage bolt guns and 22's of different flavors. All in all, if you wanted a shooting Savage with some history or were shopping for a hard to find bird there were a few there for sale as well as display.
And then there was that bizarre bullpup pictured above. Built on a Mauser action by the owner's father who wanted a short handy rifle for wielding in the tight little tree stand he hunted out of. It contains several ingenious features, not the least of which is the scope mount. It works. It was fired by a couple guys last year at the rendezvous, but I declined. I declined to shoot it again this year, and will likely do so again next year... smile
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Somebody missed out on buying John's 250 uncheckered EG with the Spiegle holes for $750. I didn't want to deal with shipping and all that.

I decided not to sell when I found out what it really was. Thanks to the guys who enlightened me!
Welcome to the campfire, Lowrance!
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Welcome to the campfire, Lowrance!

Was here in the past as JacksPa but forgot my password and no longer have the email that they send my "new password" to so I had to sign in as a new user!
Thanks, FBII for posting the scenery pics. That place is surely a little slice of heaven. Love to look at em and remind me of the good times I had there the last 2 years, and hopefully a few more.
Thank You all for the kind feedback and posting your pics. I try to take as many as i can but with the big group we had i was pretty busy. Lol. Hope to see you all again next year and maybe a few more!! Any of you that are not a member of the Savage 99 Club are more than welcome to join. I know Facebook isnt for everyone but at least its somewhere else to bs with other 99 nuts.

Joe
Posted By: Pugs Re: Savage Rendezvous 2019 Pics - 08/27/19
A special thanks to Joe Martin for hosting me on arrival, transporting my gun to a drop off point for shipment home (an hour out of his way!), and bunking up. Gary for hosting me last night and the gun show-and tell, plus the grand tour of Annapolis Maryland. Splendid treatment undeserved but welcomed with true humility. Great men both.

Good meeting you at the Alehouse Roy and hopefully you'll make it out here again.
Next year we can take that float plane out and pick him up.
Nice to be home. Not as much fun cuddling with Joe Martin as my wife.
TMI!
TMI!

Ya, he's a hairy bastard. Did you notice he shaved the last day?
TMI!

Ya, he's a hairy bastard. Did you notice he shaved the last day?

Yeah, but he was rockin' that Ray Charles Cool thing with those shades all weekend... and pullin' it off, too.
© 24hourcampfire