Home
Seems like lately we've started to have a bit more interest/discussion on some of the 99s made after 1959. Here's my list of the ones that are of interest to me. What would you add or take off this list? What would be on the top of your list for "non-specials"?

UPDATED:

[Linked Image]
A few of interest to me-

I looked for years for a 1961 99F in 250-3000 before I found one. Savage stopped producing 99's in that cartridge for 10 years.
a DL in 250-3000 is a tough to find model.
1964 DL .284 cut checkered
1964 double diamond DL 284
post 1965 DL 284 stamped
early 1970's DL 284 (still missing this one)

Any double diamond DL I think are cool.

You have eastern and western on the later engraved PE's.
My list of desirable post-mils would be a very short one. Here it is:
99C's in 300 Savage are arguably the hardest postmil to find.

99A's in 300 Savage are extremely uncommon.

99C's with double diamond checkering seem to be very, very rare.

Octagon barreled 99C's.
Wow, thanks for putting this up. While some may not be into post-mils I think there are others who are. Especially guys new to this hobby as most of the old hands seem to have most of the pre-mil 99s scooped up.
The .358 and .375 Win models.
Not one of you collector fellas, so I prob shouldn’t comment, but I do enjoy reading all your stuff. This thread I find particularly interesting. I know I sure would love to have a DL (I am drawn to these myself) in either .284 or .358, in that order of priority. So long as condition was HIGH, I wouldn’t even give a ratzazz if it were pressed checked.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
My list of desirable post-mils would be a very short one. Here it is:

Can't add anything to this list. grin
99As in 300 Sav and 375 Win
99-Brushguns in 375 Win
99DLs in 250-3000
99Fs in 250-3000

Of those 5 different configurations, I'm sure that I haven't seen more than 10 of any 1 of them.
Estate auctions are sweeeeeet!
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry

Stick around.

One of us bound to turn up dead sooner or later...

eek
Originally Posted by 99guy

Stick around.

eek

Good sport! That was my passive aggressive retaliation post. The dirt nap comes for us all. Irregardless of our ‘preferences’. Haven’t handled and shot many 99’s yet. But i’m Bitten for sure. And I like my rifles drilled and tapped from the factory. Yeah, I like sling studs too. I enjoy nice walnut and blue. I like a high comb. I like cartridges that are proven, even if over-looked, or forgot. I like DLs,
I would go to the expense of importing a 300 savage 99A saddle gun, yep would really like one

Johno
Originally Posted by 99guy

Stick around.

eek

Good sport! That was my passive aggressive retaliation post. The dirt nap comes for us all. Irregardless of our ‘preferences’. Haven’t handled and shot many 99’s yet. But i’m Bitten for sure. And I like my rifles drilled and tapped from the factory. Yeah, I like sling studs too. I enjoy nice walnut and blue. I like a high comb. I like calibers that are proven, even if over-looked, or forgot. I like DLs,

Let me introduce you to my friend:

Roy.
I have already stalked that animal.
Just curious ...Why is the 1961 250-3000 in an F sought after ? Last year for the 250 in an F ? Is it still a pre mil at that time with the lever safety ?
Very few of them made and they should have the 1-10 twist barrels. It has the tang safety.
Originally Posted by kdog
Just curious ...Why is the 1961 250-3000 in an F sought after ? Last year for the 250 in an F ? Is it still a pre mil at that time with the lever safety ?

Any F in 250-3000 is sought after, they are very uncommon. Only catalogued in 1960 after the move to Westfield, and those would be a tang safety.
I think #4 on Keith's list should read 1960.
Originally Posted by Rick99
I think #4 on Keith's list should read 1960.

Here is the updated pic. I could not edit the original 1st entry any longer.
[Linked Image]
So 1958 1959 F's are 1 and 14 ?

Yes, for the ,250.
Originally Posted by Lightfoot

Yes, for the ,250.

Quite a few of the 1960 F’s may be also. Don’t know how many 1-14” barrels were brought forward from Chicopee Falls. We’ve seen some.
© 24hourcampfire