Home
Not bad.. links to some pretty guns.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/blog/savage-model-99/
Except for calling a EG a R in the last photo !! crazy
Nice 358 cut checkered DL in there.
Some beautiful rifles in that article. I didn't know he invented the radial tire, pretty amazing man.
is that Dodge engraved a different one than they had a while back?
Originally Posted by Loggah
Except for calling a EG a R in the last photo !! crazy

And the other one as a takedown 1899F, and that Arthur sold the company in 1905, and other things... grin

But better than most.

Texken,we've talked about both John and Horace’s guns here. Talked more about John’s.
The CD is a A engr, A5 chk'd, pistol grip. Very under stated. But, didn't sell at a CD price.

Both fancy rifles sold for what they sold in 2016 at RIA. I wonder if they sold at all.

The Nash rifle is logged out to Tue and didn't ship for almost two years. I wonder what the rest of the story is. Maybe worked on it at home...? I wouldn't call it a Monarch.
Originally Posted by SS336
I didn't know he invented the radial tire, pretty amazing man.
He didn't, Michelin did in the 1950's. That bit of misinformation has been going around for a long time, WIKIPEDIA gives him credit for that with a link to the patent, the patent is not for a redial tire and it isn't even his patent, it's his son Arthur John Savage. The patent is for a belted tire, but it is not a radial ply, look at the side wall fabric, it's woven and not radially strung where the side wall cords do no cross each other.

uspto.gov/patent=01203910 - It’s got woven side wall fabric, which is probably stiffer than modern bias ply tires where the cords layers just cross over each other at angles.

[Linked Image from offroaders.com]
© 24hourcampfire