Home
Posted By: 7mmMato Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/17/19
Just purchased one of these. What a great piece of workmanship. Mounted up easily. Great guy to deal with. I highly recommend these.
Posted By: S99VG Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/17/19
Yep, its pretty darn clever!
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/17/19
Thank you gentleman! blush
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/17/19
Originally Posted by S99VG
Yep, its pretty darn clever!

Good looking too. I love mine as well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: DanLee Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/23/19
I've bought two from Mike for a couple 99EGs. Fit and finish are perfect. I'm almost tempted to look for more untapped rifles just to use his mounts.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/23/19
Mike needs is own sticky for people coming here looking for his mounts.
Posted By: S99VG Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/23/19
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Mike needs is own sticky for people coming here looking for his mounts.

I think he needs mention in the history of Savage 99 book!
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/23/19
I'll include him if there is a third printing. It's unlikely there will be a third printing but with Savage never say never. I love his mounts.
Originally Posted by wyo1895
I'll include him if there is a third printing. It's unlikely there will be a third printing but with Savage never say never. I love his mounts.

If this hobby of ours is still active in the future I can see guys coming across Lightfoot's mounts and asking about them. Of course those "future" guys are all pretty much in kindergarten right now!
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/23/19
Here is a pic of my 303 SRC with a Lightfoot mount and Weave K4. It's a tack driver with 150 g. Sierra 30-30 round nose bullets. An elk fell dead to it a few years ago.
[Linked Image]
I think the mount bridging the barrel to the receiver helps stiffen the rifle making it more accurate than it would be with a two piece Stith.
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/23/19
I thought about creating a small web site for the mount but I'm afraid that will bring more attention than I want. I barely keep up with orders now with this exposure and an occasional mention on facebook.

I'm retired! This isn't supposed to be a job...

Once again, thanks for the support!
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
I thought about creating a small web site for the mount but I'm afraid that will bring more attention than I want. I barely keep up with orders now with this exposure and an occasional mention on facebook.

I'm retired! This isn't supposed to be a job...

Once again, thanks for the support!

Nothing wrong with keeping it a Savage Collector's Forum exclusive. Someday down the road that will be part of the history of how the mount was distributed. Think of it, guys finding guns with the mount will know they all had a common link. You may be the root cause of a future obsession in 99 collecting!
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Lightfoot Scope Mount - 09/24/19
without a doubt Mike's mount adds to the 99. i really think of any mount available Lightfoots dresses these gems up the best.
i have one on my 1951 EG 300 now and it lets me use the true accuracy of the rifle. thanks Lightfoot!
© 24hourcampfire