Home
I'm back from my Wyoming goat adventure. Had a great time! Put my tag on a pretty nice buck the second day with the 99F in 308 at 286. Would love to post up some pics, but we had no cell signal, so my guide couldn't text them to me. I never thought to have him use my phone. (Sometimes, I can be a real ass) And now he's in a wilderness elk camp for who knows how long. Dang!!!

That storm on the 9th, 10th and 11th, kicked my ass. It took me 3 days, and 3 cancelled flights, crisscrossing the country to get to Rapid City. It's a miracle that my guns and bag made it there a day before me and were waiting for me. Outfitter was great! Extended my hunt on the back end, no problem.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/17/19
All's well that ends well, I guess.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/17/19
nice! Sounds like a productive hunt with some stories to tell later. grin
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/17/19
Way to go!!
Posted By: 99guy Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/17/19
Nicely played!

I guess the 250 yard rule went in chit tank....

grin
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/17/19
Congrats, want full details later.
Originally Posted by wyo1895
All's well that ends well, I guess.

David, the misery made the success all that much sweeter.

Originally Posted by 99guy
Nicely played!

I guess the 250 yard rule went in chit tank....

grin

It was never a hard and fast rule.... more like an, I'druther. laugh
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/18/19
Well, OK, I shot an elk at 310 with an EG in 308. It hurt her bad enough she staggered over the ridge and lay down. my buddy who is 20 years younger and has good lungs went over and finished her off before I got there.
I'm such a techno fathead. Is anyone willing to help a brother out by going into the image gallery I created called, Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt, and post them to this thread?
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/18/19
Here ya go. Good pics, looks like a great hunt!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Thanks, Rory!
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/18/19
Great pics! Thanks!
Great pics, I hope to pull a buck tag again one of these years.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/18/19
A nice speciman

Nothing better than ice cold beer and rare antelope tendeloins.

I'm getting the itch to go back out myself. 20 is out but maybe in 21.

I'm going out there again next year, hoping to put muley blood on a 99RS 300 Sav. I was thinking, it might be nice to put a small group from here together and head out that way. If anybody thinks they might be interested, comment here or PM me and we can kick around ideas.
Posted By: crsides Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/18/19
Nice buck. Congrats
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/18/19
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
I'm going out there again next year, hoping to put muley blood on a 99RS 300 Sav. I was thinking, it might be nice to put a small group from here together and head out that way. If anybody thinks they might be interested, comment here or PM me and we can kick around ideas.

Bring this back up next year.. heck, I wouldn't mind heading out to get a couple does if they are selling tags over the counter.
Posted By: SS336 Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/18/19
That's a real nice goat! Evan better that you killed him with your 99. Congratulations. Agree with Calhoun, bring it up early next year, If I'm still walking, would be a blast to get one with my 99.
I've been hunting here since 2001, killed 18 elk and a bunch of antelope. Mule deer hunting here is lousy and I've never gotten one. G&F says the deer population is way down. If you have somewhere in eastern Wyoming where there is a good chance of getting a nice four point (western count, 8 point Eastern count), I'll sign up for it.

David, PM sent.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/19/19

Well done Tim.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/19/19
Awesome, Tim!

Envious here!
Posted By: szihn Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/19/19
Congrats EagleMountainMan

Pronghorn hunting is a lot of fun. I hope you'll come back and enjoy more in the future.

I'll go out tomorrow with an old friend who is a good hunter, but at 82, he needs help with gutting and dragging. He has 2 tags to fill.

Antelope hunting will go one for a few more weeks here, but soon the 2019 season will close. Deer and elk go on for a while.
So far this season I and my wife have bagged 5 pronghorns. I got one with my 99 too. A 1952 made 300 with a peep sight. I used one of the Hornady Expanding 140 grain solid flex tip bullets and it did very well, but I actually can't say it is bettor then the 150 grain Remington Core-Lokts I have used in the pst. So I think I'll still with the old fashioned 150s for deer and antelope in the future. I may load some 180s if I take it for elk.

Ted and Gary, Thanks guys.

Gary, No need to be envious. Come with next year, man.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt - 10/20/19
Nice job Tim Man!
© 24hourcampfire