Home
Posted By: riflegunbuilder 250 curse broken today - 12/15/19
My chances to go deer hunting have been very limited this year. Been dealing with my brother with some severe mental health issues. I have a 250 EG that I bought a couple years ago, this is the 3rd season I have hunted with it. Every time I have hunted with it I have never seen a deer. This afternoon 4 does wondered out about 5:30. One gave me a clear shot about 60 yards out I aimed at the base of her neck with her head down facing me. Remington 100 gr factory cracked, she sat down like a dog, just rolled over and fell never twitched. 250 jinx broken.
Posted By: RAS Re: 250 curse broken today - 12/15/19
Awesome!

Got any pictures of the deer and rifle?

I just got back from a hunt in Texas with my oldest son. He killed a nine point and a cull buck with the 250 Savage.
Posted By: benchman Re: 250 curse broken today - 12/15/19
I have a 308 EG, with a similar curse. The fool thing is a tack driver, but I NEVER see a legal deer, when I have it with me. Further, I'm hunting with my wife. If something good shows up, SHE gets it, so not only do I need to find my deer, I have to get hers first. Oh well. Might not ever get another....shot a lot of them.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 250 curse broken today - 12/15/19
Glad you got your deer

Still looking for mine.
Very nice..
No picture of the deer. Just your basic 115-120 pound doe. I'm almost to take pictures of the EG, before I got it someone had an ECHO side mount on it and later decided to "plug" the holes by setting screws and grinding them off flat. It is a shame rifle has lots of blue, and a really pretty piece of wood. Wearing a TV 3x9 Redfield in a Williams top mount it is around 1 1/4" rifle. Just those damn Plugs.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 250 curse broken today - 12/15/19
Hard to beat a 250 for precise shot placement.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 250 curse broken today - 12/15/19
My first 250 was an R that someone put a side mount on, and it was factory drilled. It's still my favorite hunting rifle.
© 24hourcampfire