Home
,,,,,Bigly (apologies to Scott Adams).

My son has been using his great grandfather's 250 for several years with great success. He mentioned this year, prior to the hunt, that marked the 100th year for the rifle (DOM 1919). We elected to hunt our PA farm the second week of the season so we could shoot either antlered (3 pts up on a side) or antlerless, The first day he dropped a nice doe - bang/flop. On our last day he snuck up on this big boy and again bang/flop.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The rifle is a bit of an enigma as, despite it's age, shoots 100 soft points and silver tips with amazing accuracy.

Me? I managed to shoot the smallest deer on the farm (again). Also picked up a nice 23B at the local gun shop. Will post later.
Very cool. Congrats on a Savage hunt!!!
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: SS336 Re: Celebrating 100 years....... - 12/20/19
That's great! That is a big buck and perfect picture. The old rifle has it's Mojo working for sure.
Very nice! Good centennial hunt for it.
Congrats. Lets hope for another 100 years of hunting.
No wonder I didn't see anything in PA this season. You have them all. Nice one.
Originally Posted by dallased
No wonder I didn't see anything in PA this season. .

I assume from your screen name you are in the northeast part of the state. We are in the northwest, surrounded by ethanol farmers - loads of deer
Posted By: hanco Re: Celebrating 100 years....... - 12/21/19
Great hunting! Congrats
That's the way to get it done! You boys don't mess around now!
Nice, I have my father in laws 99 in .250, have't had it out in 10 years or so...
As much as I like the .22HP, and as much as I adore the .303/.30-30, if forced to pick but one Savage to hunt with I would probably grab a .250.

Nicely done, fellas. Envious of y'all. I wish my Dad and I had brought deer home on the same trip, but it was always either him or me to get one never both of us.
cool cool cool
© 24hourcampfire