Home
Posted By: rusty51 does it sound like a good deal - 01/18/20
well I have been lurking here for a while now and of course my interest has peeked for a Savage 99. have found one in 303 I don't know what letter anyway it has a 26'' full octagon barrel it is chambered in 303 the guy wants $600 Canadian for it I have only see a picture of it and it looks to be in fairly good condition but I have know idea yet as to how the bore is, got a lead on it through a Canadian gunnutz sight.Do you think 600 is a reasonable price so long as the barrel does not look like a sewer pipe and are dies for the 303 Savage available.Thanks Duane

Sounds like a 1899 B

Price sounds fair to me if it ain't cut, drilled or broke and the bore is reasonable. Most people ask more for their gun than they are willing to take, so might want to make an offer a little lower.

Dies and components are not hard to acquire.
Possibly. See’in is believing...

Condition, correctness, originality, numbers match?
Or, do you just like it?!
If the wood is in decent shape with no major cracks, the bore is good and there are no extra holes in the metal, I'd say $459.20 USD would be a damn good price even for a shooter, even if the numbers don't match. Also, 303S dies are pretty easy to get a hold of and you can still get new brass for them.
I would just add, if you buy dies make sure they are 303 Savage and not 303 British. The people that manufacture them have been known to get it F'd up at the factory and put the wrong dies in the wrong boxes.
$600 Canadian? That's what, $2.93 U.S.? Buy it.

(Even with the current exchange rate hovering around $.75/$1, it means around $450 U.S. Based on it being in sound condition- no tang cracks, no receiver cracks, nice bore, etc.- it sounds pretty good to me for a B.)
What gnoahh and 99guy said!
I think Fireball has a few boxes or 303 left. Can they be shipped across the border?
No you cannot even bring brass across yourself U.S customs will confiscate them,have a body who bought 100 nickle plated brass in the U.S and they took them away from him .D
Originally Posted by rusty51
No you cannot even bring brass across yourself U.S customs will confiscate them,have a body who bought 100 nickle plated brass in the U.S and they took them away from him .D

They must work for ebay!
© 24hourcampfire