Home
Posted By: Fireball2 "factory engraved" - 01/21/20
I'm calling BS. Factory engraved yes/no?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...raved-receiver.cfm?gun_id=101369058#lg-2
Posted By: Calhoun Re: "factory engraved" - 01/21/20
He's had that for a long time. It's... odd.

Saddle ring carbine buttstock/buttplate.
22" barrel.
No staple.
Excellent buttstock wood to metal fit.

If it's factory, it's a custom design on what appears to be a custom ordered gun.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: "factory engraved" - 01/21/20
I would have called BS on the first pic, but the second pic has the script, so maybe it was a custom?
Posted By: Loggah Re: "factory engraved" - 01/21/20
I say its factory,we have seen factory grape vine engraving before. Its a interesting configuration. I been watching it for a long time hoping Joe would drop his price a bit . Don
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm calling BS. Factory engraved yes/no?

I'd say "no".
But a factory letter would shut me up.
That's up to the seller who I suspect knows the value of a factory letter in this case.

Assuming numbers match, seller knows this too, I'd guess,.....special order rifle that has been customized down stream.
If numbers do not match all bets are off.
Posted By: bigolddave Re: "factory engraved" - 01/21/20
Wouldn't it be odd to have such plain wood on a factory engraved gun? In my (admittedly limited) experience, up graded wood on an unengraved rifle is a lot more common than plain, uncheckered wood on an engraved rifle.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: "factory engraved" - 01/21/20
Upgraded wood was ordered separately.

I'd consider it unusual for a custom engraving pattern to not have even slightly upgraded wood - but that was up to the person who ordered it.
My brother has a lettered 1899H with grade "D" engraving and plain wood, actually he may have 2 of them. I think the grapevine engraving was a A2 style.
Originally Posted by Loggah
I say its factory,we have seen factory grape vine engraving before. Its a interesting configuration. I been watching it for a long time hoping Joe would drop his price a bit . Don

Do you have any "inside" information on this one?
Does a letter exist? S.N. match?

The engraving is unique, very plain, no rec'r ring, trigger guard, borders or scrolls engraved. A2ish? or Ivy & Grapes?

I'm not interested in the rifle, just the data/specs. smile
I don't have any inside info,but if it was under 2G i would take a chance on it. I have done business with Joe, his prices are pretty high,but i have never known him to state something like "factory engraved"without being sure about it. Maybe Fug will chime in ,hes a pretty good friend of Joe.I know joe has moved a lot of savages and numerous montreal home gaurd rifles.I gave some odd savages with special order engraving that dont match normal engraving styles.
© 24hourcampfire