Home
Posted By: Loggah savage reel mower - 01/24/20
I guess im just bored!! heres a few pictures of a savage reel mower i have,i really like the savage hubcaps !!!!

[Linked Image from pbase.com]

Posted By: Rakkasan Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
Don,

You have all the cool stuff!

Doug
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
Perfect gift for the wife to use while the clothes are churning in the Savage washing machine.
Posted By: Loggah Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
Gary, My wife got a chuckle out of that!! grinI probably could part it out and get megabucks for the hubcaps. blush laugh I think Fug has a bunch of different mowers ,some with motors on them.I dont know if savage ever made any chainsaws??
Posted By: SS336 Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
That's very interesting. Savage seems to have had it's fingers in everything. But Superchief might be overstating for a push mower. grin
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Perfect gift for the wife to use while the clothes are churning in the Savage washing machine.

We "really" need a like button! Pun intended. I lost half a cup of coffee on that one.

Don, why did you have to bring up chainsaws? I wonder if Arthur would use a Power Products AH58 in it or a proprietary engine? My wife is in NC and she is bringing me 2 big old McCulloch's back in her new Lexus. I've got a keeper!
You know it wasn't used much,still got paint on the blades !!! smile smile
I know Winchester made Axes, never found a Savage ax, and I've looked.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
I know Winchester made Axes, never found a Savage ax, and I've looked.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Does your wife know those are out where an axe murderer can get to them? Do they make trigger locks for axes?
Axe trigger locks could be a bit expensive.there are a few winchester ones here also.

Posted By: GeneB Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
I'm still looking for a Savage magnetic magazine tack hammer. A member here found one a long time ago.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Does your wife know those are out where an axe murderer can get to them? Do they make trigger locks for axes?

To enlighten every one, when ever I bring home a friend from the "Internet", and I frequent an axe collectors web site too, she says, "one of these days you're going to bring home an axe murderer".Usually I don't know their names, just their Handles.So, when I introduced Roy, as "I" remember it, I said something like, "Roy this is my wife Carolyn." I felt really on my game because I knew his first name. So, she smiles and says, "Is he an axe murderer?" I jump in and say, "no, he collects GUNS!". Then she says, "Well, what's Roy's last name?" Panic mode. I think I might have glanced at Roy, then blurted, "Fireball!" She feels safe now, she knows Roy is back out West.
Gene, never even heard of one of those, probably most ended up in the scrapyard by now . got to be pretty rare. Don
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
To enlighten every one, when ever I bring home a friend from the "Internet", and I frequent an axe collectors web site too, she says, "one of these days you're going to bring home an axe murderer".Usually I don't know their names, just their Handles.So, when I introduced Roy, as "I" remember it, I said something like, "Roy this is my wife Carolyn." I felt really on my game because I knew his first name. So, she smiles and says, "Is he an axe murderer?" I jump in and say, "no, he collects GUNS!". Then she says, "Well, what's Roy's last name?" Panic mode. I think I might have glanced at Roy, then blurted, "Fireball!" She feels safe now, she knows Roy is back out West.

I pondered all that as I hovered over your bed with the axe while you were sleeping.
Posted By: GeneB Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
Don, the tackhammers were only in the 1903 catalog, in the back. They had two versions, one was just magnetic to hold a single tack and the other has a magazine and a trigger you pulled to swing the magnet to grab another tack. He worked on the magazine version for awhile, He had at least two patents.
.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=00599741
uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=00653890

As long as I'm linked into the USPO site, these are really for the thread on washing machines -
uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=01714107
Note the discharge pump shown in the patents, an instruction manual I have for washing machines also shows a pump, my washer doesn't have that.
uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=01766227
here's one without the pump - uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=01842154
one that's more 'modern' - uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=01850821
uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=2122744
Posted By: Calhoun Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by GeneB
I'm still looking for a Savage magnetic magazine tack hammer. A member here found one a long time ago.

Was just talking with Fug and that came up. Even he doesn’t have one, and hasn’t seen one stamped Savage.

Don, it’s pictured on page 59 of the 1903 catalog if you have one. I’m sure Gene has a link to the patent application too. grin
Posted By: Calhoun Re: savage reel mower - 01/25/20
Tack hammer write up

https://www.leevalley.com/archive/en/newsletters/woodworking/5/3/patents.htm

[Linked Image from ]
I assume that tack hammer is a semi-automatic !!! laugh looks like the magazine holds quite a few roungs !
© 24hourcampfire