Home
Ive had this bit of savage artwork for some time, i thought id share it with the members. This was from 1944 and obviously had something to do with military production.What was savage doing for the U.S.Navy in Newport?? It seems the top members of savage were still "RED" blooded americans !! grin grin grin

[Linked Image from pbase.com]

[Linked Image from pbase.com]
I bet Vicki was an office girl who enlisted as a WAVE.
Seems she was highly thought of, blush blush grin If she had played her cards right she could have been running savage . grin I wish the artist had signed the thing. It actually gives a few names of the savage higherups.
Originally Posted by Loggah
I wish the artist had signed the thing.
He probably wanted to keep his job.
Love it. I use the very politically incorrect Savage "Screaming Indian" logo in my gun show displays, the hats I sell and on my shirts. Now that I can very laboriously post pics I'll get some later.
I was wondering if you still had her. She definetly belongs in the vault!
Would have liked to have met her!
Maybe this is stealing the thread but here is my politically incorrect shirt, hat and gun show sign. The sign is now decorating my man cave annex. There wasn't enough room for everything in the man cave so I had to expand into the storage area.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
the logo shows up better on the solid colored hats but the camouflage sells well at gun shows.
[Linked Image]
The cartoonist clearly had some talent.
I wonder if this was some personal humor, department humor, bulletin board mat'l or what.
I've been know to generate an office cartoon or two. I do not sign either!
I wonder who the people really are? the main office people ,or just a smaller group like personel,anyone have access to the employee list of savage in 1944. She must have been some LOOKER !!!! grin grin
That is funny. laugh

Men like pretty girls. That the way it's always been and that is the way it always will be.

I hope I don't live long enough to see the day when people can't look at that cartoon and see the humor.
Don
Memory says Jed knew some of the names.

Looking at the picture it may be signed look at the bosses hands or where they should be. Maybe a signiture? Never stood out to me in the past
Could be !!! don't look like the fingers on the other critters !!!! :confused confused:
The more I look at it the more it looks like a signiture very well hiden
That cartoon puts a whole new spin on the "Salesman's sample" !!
Originally Posted by ctw
Don

Looking at the picture it may be signed look at the bosses hands or where they should be. Maybe a signature? Never stood out to me in the past

What an eye, that looks like a signature to me. Now, who can read it? That might be a famous artist.
Originally Posted by ctw
Don

Looking at the picture it may be signed look at the bosses hands or where they should be. Maybe a signature? Never stood out to me in the past

What an eye, that looks like a signature to me. Now, who can read it? That might be a famous artist.
Originally Posted by Loggah
I wonder who the people really are?

Fred Smith, 38, Utica, 1903- , worked in refrigeration at an ammunition plant.
LeRoy (Roy) Wendt, 18, Utica, 1912-76, his father was a foreman at an ammo plant, obit says Roy worked at Savage Arms.
Kenny Baldwin, 29, Utica, 1911- , was a book keeper at an ammo plant.
Stan Winniki - ?
Hank Harter - ?

Looks like the Boys in the Ammunition Plant of Savage Arms were having some fun.
I knew someone here could ferrett out a little more about this toon !!! good job!!
Cool cartoon! I thought it looked like it might be a signature on King George's shoulder.

Lee
© 24hourcampfire