Home
Posted By: JoeMartin OOPS - 01/28/20
I put a bid on a rifle on GB planning to put it on the Master Card. I just realized it's a private seller that doesn't take cards. I might have to make an unauthorized with drawl from savings. It's a long auction, has 8 days left, and my bid is pretty low.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
Been there, done that. grin
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
Pretty early in tha mornin to be hittin the sauce there Joe!
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
How bad do you want it? The auction outcome will be inversely proportional to your desire. grin
Posted By: deerstalker Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
what's the item number? maybe we could save you from your self!
but then who would save us? grin
I have thus far resisted the temptation to buy any gun with plastic. I have one with 20,000 limit and no balance.
if I even once bought a gun on it , it would be maxed out in weeks, and tomorrow would be my last anniversary .
Posted By: diamondjim Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
I'm going to start a GO FUND JOE deal. I'll toss in a $20 to get it started. Gotta bale the dude out.
Posted By: S99VG Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
Let it ride. The odds are there is at least one guy out there who will outbid you in the end - given you looking for a way out. And if that doesn't happen I hear they pay for hair and blood and other stuff.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
Maybe we could make it the savage collectors mascot! A month with each of us. Joint custody so to speak?
Now we just need to know what the neck it is!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
[quote][/quote]Joe, I'll give you what this rifle costs you in exchange for the K w/Noske. What else are friends for?😁
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
If you were a real friend you would have bought me the other K with the G&H, then I would have given you the K with Noske. My birthday is in a few weeks and I would have had the money before the card was due. I always have money floating around, it just never settles in my pocket.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
Joe's turned GB into Fidelity or Schwab ... buying on margin. wink
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: OOPS - 01/28/20
Sure to bring on a Market Crash!
Posted By: 99guy Re: OOPS - 01/29/20
Buy low sell high is what I always say

But not what I always do..

frown
Posted By: Malcolm Re: OOPS - 01/29/20
Money talks ; mine says good bye.
Posted By: JeffG Re: OOPS - 01/30/20
just share the auction here online Joe, and we'll help bid it up so you don't have to pay for it.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: OOPS - 01/30/20
That's how I found it.

Just checked, it's creeping up.
Posted By: Savage94C Re: OOPS - 01/31/20
My 'OOOPS' on GunBroker came a few years ago bidding on a Colt Detective Special 38 Special OR should I say two Detective Specials. Back in the day when I still wore a badge I always wanted one, had a Model 60 Smith Chiefs Special, but liked the looks of the Colt and it was a Colt, my preferred maker. They were around $125-140 or so, but other expenses kept me from getting one. One in excellent shape came up for sale on GB, as did another one, approximately same condition, both the generation 4 with the ejector shroud. I don't care for the model with the ejector rod just showing under the barrel with no protection.

I placed several bids on the first one and bids continued to be placed. The 2nd one was going a little slower in bids, but price wise not to far under the first one. I placed some bids on that one also. Hoping to get one of them, I kept an eye on both. I placed what I deemed my final bid on the first one and figured I would get out bid. The 2nd Colt had not had another bid higher since I had placed my last bid, but assumed it would go higher so figured I may get the high bid on the first Colt, if not, I'd have the 2nd Colt as a reserve. Well, as the bid time ended on the 1st Colt, I won and at a lower than average price for a Detective Special in that condition. Had talked with the owner about it as I do all used guns I bid on and really want on GB, talked with the 2nd ones owner also.

Well the 2nd Detective Special was around 2 hours behind the 1st in end time. Guess everyone that had been bidding on it forgot about it as after that two hours no one else bid on it, well there was one bidder who placed two bids, both under my high bid. Watched the bid clock go to zero and got that one also at around the same price as the first, so I had two Detective Colts in the span of two hours, forty years or so after just hoping for one. Oh well, they're both great shooters as they all were and will sell one down the road as they're still a sought after revolver that isn't made anymore and they are Colts. I need to clean them both when taking them out of the safe, not from shooting, but from the drool that gets all over them. They cost a little more than the 1980ish price, but I've got two. Carry the 1st one concealed at times.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: OOPS - 02/01/20
Friends encourage friends to drink and GB.

smile
Posted By: dallased Re: OOPS - 02/01/20
Originally Posted by 99guy
Buy low sell high is what I always say

But not what I always do..

frown

I am a big proponent of buy high, sell low. Much easier that way. No worrying about getting a good price or taking a lot of time to sell it.
Posted By: dallased Re: OOPS - 02/01/20
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Friends encourage friends to drink and GB.

smile

My Scottish cousin Johnny Walker has gotten me into trouble on several occasions. None that I eventually regretted though. I knew I wanted it, Johnny just gave me a nudge.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: OOPS - 02/01/20
I've got a better friend than you cousin. The last time I was at an auction, I ran out of money at $1600 dollars, and leaned over and said I'm done. He leaned over and handed me $1000, and said keep bidding, you really want that one. Took me 6 months to pay him back.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: OOPS - 02/01/20
I can't believe I'm still leading on this stupid gun, I threw what I thought was a really low ball price on it just so I could say I was in on the bidding. Doesn't matter, I have the money plus now, so that means someone will for sure out bid me.
Posted By: 99guy Re: OOPS - 02/02/20
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
I've got a better friend than you cousin. The last time I was at an auction, I ran out of money at $1600 dollars, and leaned over and said I'm done. He leaned over and handed me $1000, and said keep bidding, you really want that one. Took me 6 months to pay him back.

If you really want to pay him back

Go over and burn his house down.

cool
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: OOPS - 02/02/20
I can’t he has my 250, 25-35, and 22 hp dies, for forming my hp brass. He just made 100 more for me.
Posted By: eaglemountainman Re: OOPS - 02/02/20
I had an Ooops moment myself back in December. I was on one of the Proxibid auctions bidding on a '59 99F, which it turns out, I won at $700. I looked away from the screen for a moment and when I looked back the current bid was for $750. I bid and found out that I had also won the next lot which was a Ruger No1 300 Win Mag. In the very short time that I had looked away, I had won the 99F and they moved on to the next lot, where the bidding was in the same range. No matter. I always wanted a No1. laugh
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: OOPS - 02/03/20
I bought the Ruger #3 in 25-35 from our old friend 7X57steve's estate. I think it's going to WV with me on a plinking trip tomorrow.

I've got to start looking for an FFL that will receive from an individual, I don't think mine does, and he's closed on Mondays. Should not of let my C&R expire.
© 24hourcampfire