Home
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage OT - Guns Magazine - 03/20/20
Since everyone is holed up here is some vintage reading material to pass the time for those of you who can read. wink

Vintage Guns Magazines
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/20/20
I have every copy pictured plus Rifle and Handloader back to issue one. I can't remember how many I have I stopped buying them a few years back. There is some great reading, but I enjoy the advertisements as well.
Posted By: S99VG Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/20/20
Crap, I wish I had learn to read in grade school!
Posted By: S99VG Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/20/20
Thanks for the link!
Posted By: bigolddave Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/20/20
Being a reading material pack rat, I have every issue of American Rifleman since 1928, every issue of Gun Report, every Gun Digest, and about a ton of Rifle, Handloader, Sporting Classics, and I almost forgot, every issue of Double Gun Journal.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/20/20
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I have every copy pictured plus Rifle and Handloader back to issue one. I can't remember how many I have I stopped buying them a few years back. There is some great reading, but I enjoy the advertisements as well.

No TP shortage at your house.;-)
Posted By: Calhoun Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/20/20
Nice! Now if I only had time to do some reading... grin
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/20/20
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

No TP shortage at your house.;-)

Be better off using corn cobs. Magazine page is pretty un-soft. laugh laugh laugh
The Remarkable Savage 99 - Sept. 1968
Posted By: SS336 Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/21/20
Great link, thanks. Something to keep my mind off the insanity of the moment.
Posted By: Mesa Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/21/20
I've sold off most of the back issues of Rifle and Handloader that didn't have single shot rifle articles or articles on handloading or history of cartridges that especially trip my trigger (hint: they all have a RIM). The others I've kept are those older issues of both whose covers have just ONE image on them: gun, game, or handloading tools/components PERFECTLY photographed. Does every cover of every publication have to show a "retail ratmaze" of products? Not for me, they don't.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/22/20
At one point I had 2 copies of every Rifleman from 48 to 87. When we moved into our brand new house, the gutters in the front overflowed and leaked into the basement. The basement was completely empty except for my magazines, and guess where it leaked. I lost pretty much one whole set. Some of the covers that didn't get wet I framed. I was lucky that one set survived, I have that set still from 48-date.
Posted By: 99hunter Re: OT - Guns Magazine - 03/24/20
Thanks for sharing this!
© 24hourcampfire