Home
Posted By: GeneB Another 99 from Amoskeag Auction - 04/01/20
No one has mentioned another "Highly Embellished" 99 they had, I bet opinions on this one will really vary (I will be withholding mine) - amoskeagauction/lot-details
Thanks, Gene. I'm waiting for one to come up like that with a G&H side mount, with the mount plate completely engraved to match the rest of the rifle. Then I'll mortgage the house to get it. Especially if it comes with Docs.
It's... unique. Somebody loved it, and some of the work is beautiful. It is what it is.

If Savage had made a model like this, would it have been accepted? Or is it just that it's aftermarket work?

[Linked Image from live.amoskeagauction.com]

[Linked Image from live.amoskeagauction.com]
I say, if You're gonna Tinker on a 99, go BIG! (or keep buggering screws in your basement forever). I'd be very proud of that (building it, or commissioning it), and find that rifle more attractive than the factory Monarch (at 3x the price...), imagine paying someone to do all that fancy work??
Ah.....Nope! Lost me at the fake sidplates. Though staring at that thing might cure the coronavirus. grin
Ok....that was mean, I'm sorry. Like Calhoun said "somebody loved it". smirk
There's some serious skill in that rifle. I would love to have that hanging on my wall.

Kind of reminds me of a Ruger #1, and goodness knows those have a following.

[Linked Image from images.gunsinternational.com]
2 DIFFERENT style screws on the side plate ..and not timed held me off from bidding
Don't love it.

But, I wouldn't argue the point too long or too hard with someone that did love it.

Everybody different.
© 24hourcampfire