Home
Posted By: Calhoun Sunday morning flashback #2 - 04/26/20
1949.. I love this one.

Cover page:

[Linked Image from savagefest.net]

One of the inside panels:

is it just my astigmatism or is the artwork off in the first pic? It looks like he's sighting the rifle with his left eye but has it to his right shoulder. You wouldn't see the cross hair in the scope at that angle either. The windage adjustment knob seems to be on the front scope mount too. Cool stuff!
Damn straight, damn stinking gangsters (just kidding of course). However its too bad bubba installed a side mount scope mount. Probably also has a white line spacer ventilated recoil pad, sling swivels and an inletted compass! Again, just kidding and that's a great picture for the Sunday morning funnies.
You guys crack up. laugh grin
Extra varnish on the stock and cut off barrel! PASS!!! laugh
Originally Posted by wyo1895
is it just my astigmatism or is the artwork off in the first pic? It looks like he's sighting the rifle with his left eye but has it to his right shoulder. You wouldn't see the cross hair in the scope at that angle either. The windage adjustment knob seems to be on the front scope mount too. Cool stuff!

It's above average for a comic book.. grin
Couple more pages.

Great fun! Thanks for posting!!
So cool!
Thanks for posting!
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Extra varnish on the stock and cut off barrel! PASS!!! laugh

I'd buy it Bubbad' in all. Any Savage 99 that smoked gangsters, albeit smartly dressed gangsters, is good enough for my humble collection!
Modern day SWAT teams should take heed. Trade in those black rifles for old scoped 99's!
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Modern day SWAT teams should take heed. Trade in those black rifles for old scoped 99's!

At least get rid of those crappy Remington rifles they use for snipers. A good 300 Savage is more than enough. grin
Where did you ever find that?? Do you have the actual hard-copy?

Awesome!!
Originally Posted by Calhoun

this makes me feel so old I just may go back to bed! I remember the time when no one had a scope!
those magazines are priceless!
Just realized I titled the thread Saturday morning.. and nobody called me on it.

In my defense, the coffee hadn't kicked in yet. grin
Just realized I titled the thread Saturday morning.. and nobody called me on it.

it's on account of our own DT's! laugh
Was watching a Longmire show last night and there was a Savage 99 EG on the show!
Couple of 99's show up in Longmire. One for sure in the first couple episodes, then an EG towards the end.

I saw it but just figured I was a day late and a dollar short!
I never saw a Longmire show, but have read all of Craig Johnson's Longmire series. Does he carry an old Colt 1911 on the show like he does in the books? Frankly, that's one reason I'm drawn to the stories.
Posted By: Loggah Re: Sunday morning flashback #2 - 04/26/20
Rory, Those are pretty neat,never seen any savage advertising comics ! grin
Yup, and a 94 Win.
Fun read. Thanks.
Wonder if they reran the series if they sell?
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Where did you ever find that?? Do you have the actual hard-copy?

Awesome!!

I do not have a hard copy. Something for you guys to search out.

Unless Fug has one?
I found one for about 90 bucks. Also found a scan but didn't want to give all my info to download it.
thanks for sharing, I have never seen these
I love the vintage comics. Thanks for posting.

MJ aka 300 Savage ( the orginal short mag)
1949.. I love this one.

Cover page:

One of the inside panels:

That's funny, I have a 99EG with a Lyman Alaskan. and my name is Greg. 1949 was a couple years before I was born. Guess I should go out and hunt some gangsters.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire