Home
Posted By: Fireball2 Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
What's on the agenda today? Who's got a new one to show off?

Working on the house and grounds for the next two weeks here, so no Savages in the works.

If ya gottem, show em off.
Posted By: S99VG Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
Not I, that is for Savages. I'm working from home and on the house and grounds too when I get the chance. Hope your DIYs are going good.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
I'm doing 3rd grade again with the granddaughter. Hurry up Summer!
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
Atta Boy Grandpa!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
My life is on hold. Still smack in the middle of a hotspot and keeping my head down, although there's evidence of lessening risk. Ammo shelves filled to overflowing. Rifles and pistols all squeaky clean and waiting to be dirtied again when it's reasonably safe to come out of my shell. Y'all living in "coldspots" out in the hinterlands make me envious.
Posted By: damnesia Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
I bought another 99 but it isn't home yet.

Other than that life is pretty normal. I work from home anyway and rarely leave the property so business as usual for the most part.
Posted By: eaglemountainman Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20

I almost had one to show.

I was dialing the # when a buddy and a few of his friends showed up on their bikes. By the time we finished a few beers and I sent them down the road, I called the seller and the gun sold an hour ago. Argh! Oh well, there's always another gun somewhere. But schit, I was looking for that one.
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
Originally Posted by Rick99
I'm doing 3rd grade again with the granddaughter. Hurry up Summer!

Whew.... 3rd grade in 2020 is probably algebra II or worse. ?? Good luck Gramps.

Only thing new here is a job. Adding nuclear fusion accelerators to my professional repertoire.
Savages are on the horizon though...
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
Only one new Savage here but i wont say what i bought ☺️ You guys would disown me. Lol. I finally got back to work yesterday after a month and a half and it was awkward. Wearing a mask all day working on fiber optic cable sucks.

Joe
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
My computer Guru came over and schooled me on posting pics with my wife's camera.
Photographing and sending out pics of the 99A, 99B, 99C and 99D. Had old timer's and late afternoon brain fade and didn't get all the pics I should have.
Posted By: damnesia Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
Since there aren't any other pictures posted, here are a couple of pics of the 1925 99H .303 I bought that the seller sent me. Not a collector gun, and most of you would probably turn your nose up at it, but I bought this one to hunt this fall and am happy about it. So here are a couple of pictures until someone posts better ones smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bigolddave Re: Mornin fellers - 05/05/20
Nothing wrong with that one. Looks as though it has had a long, useful life doing what it was born to do.
Posted By: KeithNyst Re: Mornin fellers - 05/06/20
Nothing new here. I've been running the chain saw the last couple days, trimming dead balsum branches, cutting down cutting up several. Couple more days to go with the saw and a couple more hauling and piling up in the back field. Grand kids are going to have one heck of a bonfire this winter.

I know Triple-Deuce's secret ... he has,in fact, broken our Savage creed (hint).
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Mornin fellers - 05/06/20
Oh, god. Did he get a Savage bolt gun 6.5 Creedmoor?
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Mornin fellers - 05/06/20
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

😔
Posted By: S99VG Re: Mornin fellers - 05/06/20

What, there are savages other than the 99. Well, besides the 19s, 19-33s, 1920s, 1920/26s, 23s, (sorry, I don't do 24s), 40/45s, 110s, 311s, 420/430s, 720s.... So I ask again, there are Savages other than 99s??
Posted By: svg250 Re: Mornin fellers - 05/06/20
I picked up one of the savage 110’s in 300 savage from the late 80’s, too busy with spring turkey, walleye fishing and yard cleanup.
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: Mornin fellers - 05/06/20
Originally Posted by S99VG

What, there are savages other than the 99. Well, besides the 19s, 19-33s, 1920s, 1920/26s, 23s, (sorry, I don't do 24s), 40/45s, 110s, 311s, 420/430s, 720s.... So I ask again, there are Savages other than 99s??

If Gary’s nice i will let him shoot it at the Rendezvous in August 😂
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Mornin fellers - 05/06/20
Haha! You're on! Just funnin' ya!

(6.5 CM = another 6.5x55 wannabe. I'll bring my 6.5x55 Ruger 1A and let you shoot it. Let the best man - gun - win!!)
Posted By: topnotch99 Re: Mornin fellers - 05/06/20
never had a ruger that would shoot better than inch and half .bought 125th anniversary 250-3000 and 300 have got the 250 dialed in half inch groups at 100 yards with hand loads and just got my adjustable turret back from Leupold today. I can't wait to see what it does out to 300 yards and beyond. So bring on your ruger #1
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Mornin fellers - 05/07/20
Haha. My 6.5x55 #1 is a good one. With 130 Berger VLD's it'll slop them into well under MOA for 5 shots, and enough 1/2 MOA 3 shot groups to make it interesting. 129 Hornady's a little worse but still it rates as the most consistently accurate #1 I've ever owned. My .250-3000 #1 returns sub-MOA enough times that it's a keeper too, but it wears a Douglas barrel with a fast-ish twist.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Mornin fellers - 05/07/20
Hey Dick was that the rifle , that I shot the Bomb with? at your Place? I rember it was a 250 bolt!
Posted By: topnotch99 Re: Mornin fellers - 05/07/20
no saddlering that is out of custom shop just like the 125th that shoots sub moa also. picked it up cabelas used rack in Maine 100 gr barnes tsx bt imr 4350 37.5 gr .I think LBK had his eye on that at one time
Posted By: topnotch99 Re: Mornin fellers - 05/07/20
and yes hollow point
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Mornin fellers - 05/08/20
Originally Posted by topnotch99
never had a ruger that would shoot better than inch and half .bought 125th anniversary 250-3000 and 300 have got the 250 dialed in half inch groups at 100 yards with hand loads and just got my adjustable turret back from Leupold today. I can't wait to see what it does out to 300 yards and beyond. So bring on your ruger #1

I think my #3 in 25-35 will do better than that. I've only shot it at 50 so far, but dime size pieces of orange clay pigeons vaporize at that distance.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Mornin fellers - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Originally Posted by topnotch99

I think my #3 in 25-35 will do better than that. I've only shot it at 50 so far, but dime size pieces of orange clay pigeons vaporize at that distance.

I can see the makings of a shoot-off, old west style. Two guys square up on the line, first one to shoot up all his empty whiskey bottles wins the others rifle.
Posted By: topnotch99 Re: Mornin fellers - 05/09/20
no whiskey for me it would be a fist fight not a shoot off. VODKA is good and those sub moa's is my son on the bench not me i'm only good for inch and half groups. and im shure you don't want your nose to look like LOGGAH'S lol
Posted By: Loggah Re: Mornin fellers - 05/09/20
Dont be such a "DICK" !!! smile
Posted By: topnotch99 Re: Mornin fellers - 05/09/20
Just trying to live up to name the old man gave me just a little better than a boy named sue !!! and don't forget MOTHERS DAY...
© 24hourcampfire