Home
Nobody has delivery problems like Roy... and now FedEx is messing with me.

My newest was out for delivery yesterday, to be delivered by 5pm.

Never showed up.

Now there's no delivery date at all on the tracking number, just "Scheduled delivery: Pending".

I won't be fully fireballed unless it shows up in 2 or more pieces.. I sure as heck hope not! frown
I'd be careful saying that one too loud. But seriously, if misery loves company I bought a Low Wall in 22 on Gun Broker right before the pandemic panic that took two months getting to me. And that was on account of my FFL's shop getting flooded by first time buyers of firearms. Now how did that go in the Jungle Book? Oh yeah, "Mossbergs and Glocks and Toilet Paper Oh My!" Eh, I got Fireballed too.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Nobody has delivery problems like Roy... and now FedEx is messing with me.

My newest was out for delivery yesterday, to be delivered by 5pm.

Never showed up.

Now there's no delivery date at all on the tracking number, just "Scheduled delivery: Pending".

I won't be fully fireballed unless it shows up in 2 or more pieces.. I sure as heck hope not! frown

You better hope it didn't 'fall off the truck'. FedEx lost a beautiful .250 EG that way. It just disappeared...? I got paid for it but what a hassle!
They updated it... It arrived Kansas City yesterday and left for delivery...

Now it just arrived in Sacramento.

What the hell?

It came from Washington state originally.
It took 9 days to wander from Washington state to Kansas city.
It took 1 day to go from KC to Sacramento.
It will take 5 days to go from Sacramento to KC again.

Unfreaking believable.
Sign of the times. Delivery systems are swamped and on top of that are re-routing all kinds of shipments all over the place to avoid cities where rioting has been occurring. They won't admit it publicly, but it's what is happening.

Heck, even the PO is acting weirder than usual. I mailed an envelope to Sacramento last week that took a full week to get there, which should've taken 3 maybe 4 days tops.
I understood 9 days to go from Washington State to KC via ground due to the disruptions.

But then shipping it 1500 miles backwards via air when it was practically there?

No.. they screwed the pooch. Or somebody swapped tags on packages and walked away with the gun.
Prolly just an oops. I've had the PO do the same chit. It happens.

Real problem is more handling leads to more opportunities to reduce it to pieces...
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Prolly just an oops. I've had the PO do the same chit. It happens.

Real problem is more handling leads to more opportunities to reduce it to pieces...

Mike, that's the number one thing the average person doesn't realize about using "Used" boxes. Boxes are really only designed to be used once, if you get more, good for you. They think someone places all of the boxes on the top row in the trailer, and none on the bottom. Then the trailer goes straight from the pick up spot to their house. If I sent you a box from Western MD where I live, it goes east to a big hub, where it is consolidated into loads going west, with other packages going in the same general direction. Maybe Chicago or Atlanta, where it's unloaded and consolidated tighter on another load heading more in the final direction. Every time it is unloaded in a hub it is handled by an unloader, to a primary sorter, he checks if it stays in that building or moves on. Then it goes to a secondary sorter that puts it on a belt going to the out bound trailer, where another sorter sends it down a slide to be loaded by another loader. Every time a box is off loaded at a hub it will go through 7-10 sets of hands. From DC to Kalee, it may go through 5-7 hubs. The belts that move the packages have steel thread woven into them and it shaves cardboard off the box like sand paper. So, when you said the more handling, the more chances of damage, it's a very accurate statement. On a very underestimated scale. Probably 50 -70 chances.

Unless it's going to Roy, then they just snap it in half and be done with it.
They updated it... It arrived Kansas City yesterday and left for delivery...

Now it just arrived in Sacramento.

What the hell?

It came from Washington state originally.

I'm in Sacramento. Want me go grab it?
You better hope you don't get fireballed, unless you got a fireplace you need kindling for.
Now it's gained a pound. Was shipped at 12lbs, now it's 13lbs. Maybe it'll have babies by the time it gets here.
Oooh oooh, I'll buy your first born!๐Ÿ˜‚

The best shipping container I ever received was from Lightfoot. That guy packed the 19-33 NRA in a wooden box tightly screwed together with about a pound of decking screws, inside a cardboard box bound by a whole roll of packing tape. It took two men and a boy to unpack it but within was a pristine rifle unmolested by the horny-handed shipping people. My FFL guy at the time said "Jesus Chr*st, who is this guy?" I have since adopted LF's methods and never had a complaint (other than the same uttered by my FFL guy).๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Man I'd be nervous with all that monkey bidness. Getting heavier, maybe it's taking on water?
Or maybe half a keelo o' hero-wine!
I would be worried too.I just saw a news story that these looters are following fed ex and ups trucks and looting them as well.I would hate to see a nice gun,or any gun for that matter,wind up in those fools hands.I hope it works out for you.
Considering it's a style we've only seen 4 or 5 of.... I might be crying next week.
I have never liked getting rifles, or anything else expensive, shipped. Itโ€™s a crap shoot. After reading this Iโ€™d be even more nervous. You guys are not helping Calhounโ€™s mental health here. grin Hereโ€™s hoping everything goโ€™s well.
It's an omen. I was watching it from the get go and was just about to bid. Glad I held off now. I don't know many that are any more nervous than me when a gun is in shipment. I am pretty certain I have bought my last. Times, they are a changing.
Iโ€™ll be the one to ask

What did you get Rory?

grin
Please tell me it is a Savage-built Lewis Gun. Oh, never mind, they weigh more than 12 pounds.
Now it's gained a pound. Was shipped at 12lbs, now it's 13lbs. Maybe it'll have babies by the time it gets here.

That means the driver left it on the wrong porch the first time. Then an honest person called in and told them to come get it, that they would leave it on the porch. Then when the driver went back to the wrong house and got it, it was sogging wet, rained all night. So, then they sent it to over goods where they repacked it in a dry box. It's just that the bolt hole in the stock had filled up with water, that's just about a pound. Maybe it will swell enough to make a good grip, always thought those grips were too narrow.
I just sent a package to Maryland. I hope I don't get fireballed.
Nah, you never have a problem with out going stuff. I think your driver likes to use your boxes as a bench when he eats lunch.
Originally Posted by 99guy
Iโ€™ll be the one to ask

What did you get Rory?

grin

But will I get it? Have to wait and see..
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I just sent a package to Maryland. I hope I don't get fireballed.

I'm just about to send one to Maryland myself. Don't want no Fireballs!
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
It's an omen. I was watching it from the get go and was just about to bid. Glad I held off now. I don't know many that are any more nervous than me when a gun is in shipment. I am pretty certain I have bought my last. Times, they are a changing.

Maybe it'd have been better if you got it. Whatever the heck happened in KC wouldn't have happened if it was on it's way to NH.

Oh well.. what will be, will be. If it shows up damaged, tho.. going to be tough to decide whether to take it or refuse it.

PS: Apparently they've put it on a quantum drive rocket... at 12:18 it was in transit at Salt Lake City, and at 12:34 it's in transit at Wamsutter, WY without leaving Salt Lake. That's 250 miles without ever leaving. Or maybe it's in two parts now? Naah...
Or it could be laying outside your house in the bushes.

I ordered a bunch of powder from Graf's once. FedEx tracking said it was delivered. I averred that it wasn't. Went round and round, and got Grafs involved. Grafs said nicely that they saw no further point in arguing with FedEx so they replaced the whole order. FedEx man who delivered it said he was the guy who delivered the first one, and was most ungracious about it. Fine. Forgot about it. Month or so later I was weed whacking out behind the house, 20 feet from a permanently nailed shut door which no one had passed through since around 1983- and guess what I found. The package the driver swore he left "right by the door". A package of a size and weight that a dog couldn't have dragged off or the wind blown away. (Yeah the powder was still good thanks to modern packaging.)
bought a 54 cal green mountain replacement barrel for a muzzle loader. got the tracking number. said it was in Tacoma. then it got to spokane. then it went to Salt lake city. then it went back to Spokane. then it came north to a Bar/hardware/grocery store/post office in Naples. 40 miles away from me. then it went back to spokane. then back to Nipples.
talked to the Post mistress in Bonners Ferry and she assured me she would take care of it.
next week it went to Troy Montana, back to Naples, then BF.
i finally talked with my route carrier. he intercepted it on its way back to tacoma and i got it 6 weeks after getting the tracking number. the box looked like it had been dragged the whole trip.
i am shy about using USPS for anything anymore
I got a 99H shipped from WY to MN a couple weeks ago. Took an extra week to week and a half to arrive. The tracking history stalled for a while and I started to panic a bit. Then it showed up. During that same time I got a 1899F shipped from so Cali and it showed up a couple days early. Glad my balls didn't catch fire laugh
We received several FedEx packages last night. God knows what time as I went inside mid-evening. The bozo delivery guy didn't ring the bell, knock, or anything- just left them sitting outside in the rain. Could've opened the exterior door and set them in the entryway ( a sort of mud room outside of the locked main door), but no, he had to leave them out in the weather. Thankfully nothing was wrecked. It would have taken him exactly 5 seconds of his time....

Here's an idiotic trick (policy?) of our local Post Office: Whenever a large parcel arrives, the mailman delivers it back to the house but deposits the regular mail in the mailbox instead of bringing it along with him back to the house. (Mailbox is 250 yards away at the end of the driveway.)When asked why, he just shrugs.
We switched to a PO box because our mail carrier would sit at the end of the driveway and honk if the package didn't fit in the mailbox. Then just toss it on the ground if no one came out. Well then there is also the snowplows that liked to bury only our mailbox in snow or knock it over. No one else's on our road, just ours.
The gun is currently in transit in:
Salt Lake City, UT
Wamsutter, WY
and Commerce City, CO

In transit in all 3 places.
The gun is currently in transit in:
Salt Lake City, UT
Wamsutter, WY
and Commerce City, CO

In transit in all 3 places.

Hopefully you will eventually get all three of the parts so you can possibly get it put back together..... that is if it wasn't broken into more than 3 parts and they lost some....

I've had more issue with FedEx than any other carrier.
Having had a career in software development...

Their system offends me at a deep (and now personal) level.
Rory, just think, maybe they will deliver 3 complete guns! gotta think like Pollyanna! grin
Rejoice Rory! That means that you're gonna get it all. Lock, Stock and Barrel. grin
You guys are horribly cruel.. grin
Rory, just checked your tracking numbers I can confirm the parcel has now cleared Lightning Ridge

Johno
I think I just saw it floating down the Chesapeake Bay.
Hope it works out, most things FedEx end poorly for me.
I tried bribing the carriers to make all the Nebraska bound guns route through southern Oregon but I ran out of booze before they capitulated.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I tried bribing the carriers to make all the Nebraska bound guns route through southern Oregon but I ran out of booze before they capitulated.

Hard drinking bunch?! Maybe that explains the circuitous routes that everyone's packages always take.
think i'd have to bribe our mail carrier with herb.
Wamsutter is a really little town. I wonder what's it's doing there. The antelope should have already migrated through there.
I'm guessing the truck passed through and they marked every package on it as "In transit".

So it's now "In transit" in Salt Lake City, Wamsutter, Commerce City, and Lenexa KS while also being on a FedEx vehicle for delivery to me today.

Knew I shouldn't have let that Xanax prescription expire. grin
No need for Xanax. This is much cheaper.๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ
Originally Posted by diamondjim

Gonna have to buy some of the good stuff. Just have cheap stuff for the occasional evening drink.

PS: Gun has been delivered and is marked delivered, at the same time it's still marked as "In transit" at 4 FedEx hubs. FedEx is off my list of shippers.
Originally Posted by diamondjim

In the several years I have had guns shipped to me, diamondjim wins hands down for the best shipper. The solid frame K that I bought from him came in a fabricated metal case with high compression foam for an inner liner. The outside case was a sort of diamond plate aluminum with steel corner protectors. I took the gun out and the impression remained for several hours after. I had several discussions with the seller of Rory's gun and I had a bad feeling. He said he's been shipping guns for over 40 years and never had a problem with bubble wrap and a corrugated box.. I was happy passing on this gun when I found out who wanted it.
LBK,
That rifle warranted the utmost care in packing. Only one we know of IIRC.

I try to pack as well as I can but that one deserved the proper packing.

Jim
Several years back Diamond Jim and I made a deal on a 9.3X62 rifle. It came through just fine. Still shoots bullets out the muzzle and they land front first. Thanks Jim. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
© 24hourcampfire