Home
Posted By: nahma_mich cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/12/20
Hello, i am new here but was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a cheek pad for a model 99 EG.
I have a 2.5-5 power 20 mm scope on it but my eye doesn't quite line up to the scope the way i'd like.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/12/20

I just move my head, neck and shoulder around. Can line up on any gun.
Posted By: nahma_mich Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/12/20
I do that now but was just wondering if a cheek pad would help . When i bring the gun to bear i have to move my head around as you stated to get a proper alignment. I would like my eye to be aligned with the center of the scope when i bring the gun up.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/12/20
There's lots on the market. I use a couple when shooting low combed guns. Google is your friend.
Posted By: nahma_mich Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/12/20
Thanks gnoahhh, i knew someone on here would understand what i meant. I want my eye to line up naturaly
when i raise the gun up to shoot. Thanks again, i will look around on the old interweb and see what i can find.
Originally Posted by nahma_mich
Hello, i am new here but was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a cheek pad for a model 99 EG.
I have a 2.5-5 power 20 mm scope on it but my eye doesn't quite line up to the scope the way i'd like.

I have a half dozen EG's with scopes mounted. Nary an issue. Are you using low med or high rings? I have a 1920 that I put a vintage leather lace on cheek riser.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/13/20
99 DL.

Thank me later.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: deerstalker Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/13/20
so where is the rest of em, Roy?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/13/20
Gotta guy wanting to buy and trade me outa my beloved DL's. Tempting me with a 284 PE. Don't think I can do it.
Posted By: steve99 Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/13/20
Try this vendor, he may be able to do soemthing

http://www.levergunleather.com/index.htm
Posted By: S99VG Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/13/20
If its a low comb that's giving you the problem then there's a couple things I like to do. First, mount the scope as low as you can. I think Weavers can do this a tad better than Redfield/Leupold mount and rings, and nothing gets it lower than the old Stith "No Gunsmithing" mount. Second, as Gary said, there are a variety of comb risers out there. The most common are usually made of nylon cloth and held on with Velcro fasteners. I like the older leather lace on comb risers but you do have to be aware of their ability to retain moisture.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: cheek pad for modl 99? - 06/13/20
[ Tempting me with a 284 PE. Don't think I can do it. [/quote]

instant drool!
© 24hourcampfire