Home
Posted By: local_dirt Rat Hole - 10/30/20
Sure enjoying these as EDC. All are D2 Tool Steel. Sharp as razors. Excellent, smooth operation. I switch between the Rat 1's and the Rat 2. Didn't think I'd care much for the Rat 2. But, it has grown on me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Rat Hole - 10/30/20
I like size of the rat2.

Carry one most days.

Picked up one like your far right ( not d2 though ) @ academy few weeks back. On sale for $30.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Rat Hole - 10/31/20
Greg, I really like the D2 carbon fiber Rat Two I got recently
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Rat Hole - 10/31/20
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I hear ya, Sam. Darn thing grew on me.
Posted By: Blacktails Re: Rat Hole - 11/01/20
+1 for the Rat II. Just finally received mine with D2 satin steel and OD green scales. It's a well built edc knife. Impressed with the quality.
Posted By: super T Re: Rat Hole - 11/01/20
What Blacktails said... I've had mine for over a year now. Still impressed. It's with me every day.
Posted By: add Re: Rat Hole - 11/01/20
Is the smaller, the 1 or the 2?

Thanks.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Rat Hole - 11/01/20
Posted By: Terryk Re: Rat Hole - 11/05/20
I have two Rat 2s. Both in D2, and they are my main EDC. I keep mine stropped, and they stay sharp. Best bang for the buck.
I get mine, like a lot of stuff like flashlights with my amazon reward points. Even better - kinda free.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KTDLN...CYG9U&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Rat Hole - 11/09/20
Originally Posted by add
Is the smaller, the 1 or the 2?

Thanks.

add, the smaller one is the Rat 2.
Posted By: JGray Re: Rat Hole - 11/09/20
Originally Posted by Terryk
I have two Rat 2s. Both in D2, and they are my main EDC.

I also have two Rat 2s in D2 - one I carry daily and the other is a backup, 'just in case'...
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Rat Hole - 11/11/20
Originally Posted by JGray
I have two Rat 2s. Both in D2, and they are my main EDC.

I also have two Rat 2s in D2 - one I carry daily and the other is a backup, 'just in case'...

The center one in my original pic is the same as you guys have. Coyote brown. D2 Tool Steel.
Posted By: Boise Re: Rat Hole - 11/11/20

Hey Sam I just ordered one like yours. The way I've been loosing knives of late I figured I should have extras. $51 to my door.
Posted By: Boise Re: Rat Hole - 11/14/20
Originally Posted by Boise

Hey Sam I just ordered one like yours. The way I've been loosing knives of late I figured I should have extras. $51 to my door.

I received my D2 carbon fiber Rat Two today. Mine is very well made, locks up tight, and is exceptionally sharp. I'm not fond of the flat handles and plan to gift this one away.
Posted By: JGray Re: Rat Hole - 11/14/20
My 'backup' Rat 2 D2 is the carbon fiber version...
Posted By: Terryk Re: Rat Hole - 11/14/20

If you didn't have a backup, the original would be in the lazy boy chair frame in a matter of minutes. Now it is safe.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Rat Hole - 11/14/20
Read the thread and had to get a Rat1 in D2 from amazon.
Posted By: Blacktails Re: Rat Hole - 11/15/20
Cant say enough good things about my new Rat II in D2. I just bought 2 more D2s, 1 OD Green & 1 Coyote Brown, as gifts for a couple of helpful friends who enjoy good knives. These knives are a real bargain 👍
Posted By: JGray Re: Rat Hole - 11/15/20

If you didn't have a backup, the original would be in the lazy boy chair frame in a matter of minutes. Now it is safe.

Boy howdy! I ordered the backup right after I misplaced the original. Of course I found the original as soon as the new one arrived grin
Posted By: JGray Re: Rat Hole - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by Blacktails
Cant say enough good things about my new Rat II in D2. I just bought 2 more D2s, 1 OD Green & 1 Coyote Brown, as gifts for a couple of helpful friends who enjoy good knives. These knives are a real bargain 👍

They hold an edge better than knives I've paid much more for and they sharpen easily. A touch up with a leather strop is often all they need to keep 'em shaving sharp.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Rat Hole - 11/15/20
Read the thread and had to get a Rat1 in D2 from amazon.

You will like it.. A lot.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Rat Hole - 02/06/21
Lost my Rat 2 inn D2, been MIA for a month or so, hoping it would appear. On to my back up Rat2.
I did get the Rat 1 in D2, but being used to the R1, it seems a bit big as my EDC. R2 fits in my watch pocket well.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Rat Hole - 02/06/21
I bought a r2d2 in tan because of the praise it got here.

It will become my daily carry if I ever lose my spyderco delica. I don't like studs as much as spyder holes.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Rat Hole - 02/07/21
Originally Posted by Blacktails

They hold an edge better than knives I've paid much more for and they sharpen easily. A touch up with a leather strop is often all they need to keep 'em shaving sharp.

Been carrying the Rat 2 in D2 daily, for a couple years and it has impressed. Like said above, sharpens easily and holds an edge. My satin blade stained a bit from some sort of chemical, but is none the worse for the wear. Great knife, great price

I need to pick up another Rat in D2 for the backup.
© 24hourcampfire