Home
I finally decided it was time to get a skinner and struck out when I checked in with Gene Ingram to see if he had a skinner available (I know, it's a longshot, but I picked up another of his knives that way without a wait). A few folks here had talked about Brad Watkins in Montana, and I figured since he was local to me I'd give it a try.

Brad has something called a Highlands Skinner design that I liked, but I wanted a different steel (Elmax), so a few months ago I checked in with Brad and ordered the knife. It's almost ready and he sent a pic of the nearly-complete knife. If it skins like it looks, the upcoming season is going to be a lot easier for me.

Thanks to all who posted about Brad's work!

[Linked Image]
You will love it I am 100% sure. Great maker and a true gentleman.
you will love that Elmax steel
I don’t have any knives from Brad yet, he makes some dandy stuff, follo him on Instagram, messaged back and forth, seems like a hellava nice guy. Post pics upon completion and Grats. 👍
The one he just built me is phenomenal! I can’t wait to use mine this Fall. I seen he posted yours on his Facebook page ... I’m sure it’ll be outstanding! Fit and finish is as good as it gets with his knives.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And here's the final product. Can't wait for fall to get these bloody. It sure is nice to have a great knifemaker so close by.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire