Home
Posted By: P_Weed Found - Buck knife - 03/25/21
I just came across a Buck knife I found in our workplace dumpster many years ago.

The back of the black leather sheath has the number 118 embossed on the back side. There is a
2 line inverted logo - "BUCK" over "usa", on the knife blade just under the hilt of the handle.

The knife and sheath are near, but not perfect. I found information that it was mfd. in 1967 -1972.
I had a few Buck knives that I liked better when I found it - but now I regard this Buck 118 as special
and I plan for it to be a companion in my old years. I am interested in the value it may have, but
not interested in parting with it.

<> https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/234/234956.jpg <>

(Not actual knife pictured)

I'd appreciate any guess as to its' worth as I assume it is a somewhat 'collectable' & Thanks!
Posted By: MadDog4298 Re: Found - Buck knife - 03/25/21
$35 to $50 There not very collectible.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Found - Buck knife - 03/25/21
way to dash his dreams, mad dog....
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Found - Buck knife - 03/25/21
Hey! That my knife! I been looking for that for year’s!!!

😁😁😁
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Found - Buck knife - 03/25/21
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Hey! That my knife! I been looking for that for year’s!!!

😁😁😁

If he's willing to dumpster dive for a Buck, I think you should let him have it! grin
Posted By: ironbender Re: Found - Buck knife - 03/25/21
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I just came across a Buck knife I found in our workplace dumpster many years ago.

The back of the black leather sheath has the number 118 embossed on the back side. There is a
2 line inverted logo - "BUCK" over "usa", on the knife blade just under the hilt of the handle.

The knife and sheath are near, but not perfect. I found information that it was mfd. in 1967 -1972.
I had a few Buck knives that I liked better when I found it - but now I regard this Buck 118 as special
and I plan for it to be a companion in my old years. I am interested in the value it may have, but
not interested in parting with it.

<> https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/234/234956.jpg <>

(Not actual knife pictured)

I'd appreciate any guess as to its' worth as I assume it is a somewhat 'collectable' & Thanks!

[Linked Image from media.midwayusa.com]
Posted By: EdM Re: Found - Buck knife - 03/26/21
Send it and $7 to Buck for a cleanup and sharpening, they even cover return shipping. They come back like new.

https://www.buckknives.com/about-knives/bucks-forever-warranty/
Posted By: whackem_stackem Re: Found - Buck knife - 03/26/21
I found a 118 a couple years ago.
The end of the handle was barely sticking out of the mud and sand on a river bank. The sheath was junk but the knife wasn't in to bad of shape.
I cleaned it up and sharpened it. A friend made a sheath for it. It's a good knife, who knows how long it was in the river.
Posted By: poboy Re: Found - Buck knife - 03/27/21
If you like it, that's all that matters. That is value.
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Found - Buck knife - 04/26/21
Mine is my favorite. I like a slim blade to get into small places, and whenever I let someone else use it, they are impressed with the sharpness and edge retention.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: Found - Buck knife - 07/14/21
I was given one by my girl friend way back about 1969 or 70.

It’s seen a lot of use in its day. Been lost twice and found and returned!
It still goes into the field, especially for elk hunts.
Like any knife, it’s not perfect for every job. But it’s damned good at a lot of them.....
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Found - Buck knife - 07/14/21
in the universe of Buck knives, I'm a 105 and 442FX0 fan, but I'm not a blade snob.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: Found - Buck knife - 07/14/21
The 105 is a dandy and my brother’s first choice.

I bought two of the Buck 102’s and had my boys first names engraved on the rear handle cap and gifted them to my sons.
I plan to do the same for my two grandsons.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Found - Buck knife - 07/14/21
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
The 105 is a dandy and my brother’s first choice.

I bought two of the Buck 102’s and had my boys first names engraved on the rear handle cap and gifted them to my sons.
I plan to do the same for my two grandsons.

I like 102s too, but the handles are too small to fit my hand as well as the 105.
Posted By: DeWman Re: Found - Buck knife - 07/14/21
I found a 107 years ago sitting on a stump. Looked like it had been there awhile. Cleaned up nice and when I bought a Workshp, man, what an edge. It seems like every time I reach for a knife now it's right there. Maybe it doesn't want to get lost again. As for used ones with the black handles, $50 seems the standard. Of course there's always someone who might offer more, many who would offer less. Stay safe
Posted By: Boise Re: Found - Buck knife - 07/15/21
What the knife sells for is easily found by looking at eBay ads. There is a big difference between offer price and selling price, $170 - $35.
© 24hourcampfire