Home
Posted By: geedubya Wicked, and Evil! - 04/27/21
Years ago there was a saying in the music industry.......

Support live music, hire live musicians.

I like knives.

I like to support guys that frequent the Knives and Blades forums, among others.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I took this boar a couple weeks ago. He weighed in @ 197 lbs.

Wicked, ( the knife with the lanyard in the photos) was my first knife by Andrew Nunley AKA Tuskbuster. IIRC he had 3 or 4 he put up in the classifieds. Made of 52100 Steel and weathered Elk.

It tripped my trigger.

Shortly after I got it, I thought, why not ask if he would be interested in creating one more of like steel and scales, but something a bit different......

Evil is what I've christened the second blade of the set.

I made a sheath that would hold them both.

Before:

Wicked to the left.

Evil to the right.

After

ya!

GWB

Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Wicked, and Evil! - 04/27/21
!wOw!

Those look great!
Posted By: Huntingfool270 Re: Wicked, and Evil! - 04/27/21
How long have you had those, and have you posted pics of them on here before? I swear I remember seeing a picture of that pair before and thinking it look like great working pair and probably work perfectly together. I forgot where or who posted it, but those two knives were what came to mind when Tim Olt (AKA Michiganroadkill here on the fire) posted up his SV35 blanks a few months ago. So it I guess it was kinda your idea when I ordered his Bully Bob skinner and 5” Boner with matching handles. He made a beautiful matched set with finger grove, no bolster handles and light natural tan mircarta scales with red liners.just got them and haven’t had a chance to get them bloody yet but they feel like they will be a real nice working set. I didn’t realize how closely I mimicked those two knives until you put them back up in this thread.
Thanks, love seeing pictures of your collections!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Wicked, and Evil! - 04/27/21
GB, you continue to inspire thousands!
Posted By: ReggieDunlop Re: Wicked, and Evil! - 04/28/21
That is a good looking set! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: tuskbuster Re: Wicked, and Evil! - 04/28/21
well how did the edge hold up after that decap of the boar . thanx for the vid
Posted By: Razorhog Re: Wicked, and Evil! - 04/29/21
Mr. Andrew N.-

You know they held up just fine like the several you've made me over the years. Top notch stuff! LOL
Posted By: geedubya Re: Wicked, and Evil! - 04/29/21
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Mr. Andrew N.-

You know they held up just fine like the several you've made me over the years. Top notch stuff! LOL

10/4

This was not their first rodeo!

I've use them on several occasions.

Just first somewhat rough treatment.

I did not notice any microchipping nor damage to the edge that comes with scraping or cutting into bone. I use a pair of compound loppers to sever the spine, and come back with a knife to finish separating gristle and meat.

IMHO I'll be able to do a number of things before I have to do any sharpening on either. Wicked remains the sharper of the two.

ya!

GWB
Posted By: saddlering Re: Wicked, and Evil! - 04/29/21
Very nice set! I like that you Use your knives, that's what they were made for!
© 24hourcampfire