Home
Posted By: Rickshaw LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/14/21
Y'all have influenced me to get a custom knife. I've always used off the rack buck and schrade knives, but I've been drooling over the ones I've seen here and in the classifieds. So, I sold some stuff and bought this one with cocobola....scales? I guess you call them.

I just helped my neighbor kill and skin a beef that had broken its leg a couple days before I got the knife. But it arrived in time that I could slice up a few steaks this evening.

I'm already saving for my next one.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: SockPuppet Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/15/21
That's a fine looking knife!
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/15/21
Thanks. I’m really getting a kick out of it.
Congrats! Nice knife.

You’re Hooked now. 😁😁
Posted By: MOGC Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/15/21
You messed up, knives are addictive!
Posted By: VinceM Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/15/21
The handle is Bubinga ,steel is CTS-B75P ss ,Stainless Corby bolts
Simple design, very well done. Will do anything you could need a knife to do.
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by VinceM

Thanks for correcting me. I knew it was some African wood. My wife might be right about my memory going. Hope I don't forget where I put the knife.....grin.
Posted By: antlers Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/15/21
That’s a good lookin’ knife all the way around. He sure does nice work. If you ever get a hankerin’ for another one, his smaller bird & trout is slim and trim. It was always one of my favorites. Congratulations on scoopin’ up such a fine knife from Mr. Rosi.
Posted By: VinceM Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Originally Posted by VinceM

Thanks for correcting me. I knew it was some African wood. My wife might be right about my memory going. Hope I don't forget where I put the knife.....grin.

I know all too well about the memory thing . Enjoy the knife Lary does do great work thanks for posting
Posted By: ol_mike Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/15/21
VERY nice knife - classic look .
Damn, love the profile.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/25/21
I bought one of Larry's fine little knives from Vince some years back. It was very good at processing dead animals, but the handle was just too small for me. I gifted it to a favorite nephew, and it is now his primary hunting knife. So far, two hogs and 4 whitetails up at his Tennessee lease. He loves it.
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 06/25/21
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I bought one of Larry's fine little knives from Vince some years back. It was very good at processing dead animals, but the handle was just too small for me. I gifted it to a favorite nephew, and it is now his primary hunting knife. So far, two hogs and 4 whitetails up at his Tennessee lease. He loves it.

I'm anxious to use mine on a deer. It's definitely not too small for me. Thinking I'll take antlers recommendation on a bird and trout. It looks like it would be sweet for pelting furbearers. Course the filet knives would be useful too. Decisions....decisions.
Posted By: Torqued Re: LJ Rosi semi drop point - 07/08/21
Can't go wrong with a Rosi.
I have a Rosi filet knife,have used it on trout,crappie,bass,flatheads and blue gills.
Love it. Razor sharp,holds an edge great,has good flex but not to much.
Everyone always wants to try it out is the only problem I have with it.
© 24hourcampfire