Home
Posted By: RickyBobby Thoughts on this knife - 07/18/21
Considering grabbing one

https://www.smkw.com/esee-izula-ii-...OHie03onBD9nl0MC9e-Yw5pLUxcqT0VQjI-CdgQo
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Thoughts on this knife - 07/18/21
Practical shape, good handle, should be “grippy” with blood and guts on it.

It’s 1095 carbon steel which is good as well. My only thoughts would be, as with ANY blade, was the 1095 properly heat treated? I’m not trying to cast doubt into your mind by any means. 1095 is a carbon steel that has to be heat treated “just right”, particularly when quenched. If so, you’ll have a good blade you’ll be happy with.
Posted By: antlers Re: Thoughts on this knife - 07/18/21
I think Mannlicher has some of those knives, and he really USES his stuff. Maybe he’ll chime in with his evaluated experience regarding them.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Thoughts on this knife - 07/18/21
Originally Posted by RickyBobby

When Rowen made a big splash waaaaaay back when manufacturing the ESEE knives I went to IF and did a tour. Not to sound like a homer, but they really have their [bleep] together. Their 1095 is as good as it gets in the production world. That being said...I'd buy a Xancudo in S35VN for $30 more and rock on... (and I have both)
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Thoughts on this knife - 07/24/21
no one does heat treat better, or makes a better commercial knife, than Rowen. It's as simple as that. I have owned and used several Izula and Izula II knives. They are small, but punch far beyond their weight class. You can buy these from places like KnifeWorks at a much better price though.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Thoughts on this knife - 07/25/21
I have one of them in 440, use it all the time. It is a great little skinner. I cord wrapped mine.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Thoughts on this knife - 07/30/21
Originally Posted by RickyBobby

BUMP
© 24hourcampfire