Home
Posted By: snowboardguy Hank Hammond - 07/20/21
So a few months back I came to this sub-forum asking for some advice on a knife maker that might be willing to replace some scales on a knife for me. The knife is a Buck "mini alpha hunter" in 154 CM steel. It has served me well for many years but the original scales were poorly fitted (not fit at all) and ugly to boot.

Hank reached out and was willing to take a look at it and make something happen. As time when on we chatted a bunch and one thing led to another and I also ended up buying one of his large Canadian skinner knives in CPM154 stainless. We ended up going with "sand ghost" micarta with blue liners. The micarta is slightly translucent and the color of the liners comes through the micarta.

Hank is a true craftsman and also a great guy just to chat with. Couldn't be happier with how these 2 came out and I will definitely be back for more.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: LEADMINER Re: Hank Hammond - 07/20/21
Now, that is a Buck to be proud of...I really like that Canadian Skinner pattern...I have been tempted to get one myself.
Posted By: longarm Re: Hank Hammond - 07/20/21
Yes x2
Posted By: gaswamp Re: Hank Hammond - 07/20/21
I need to go see him as Ia m 45 minutes from his shop
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Hank Hammond - 07/20/21
Like your choice of scales!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Hank Hammond - 07/20/21
I love it when a plan comes together!
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Hank Hammond - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by gaswamp
I need to go see him as Ia m 45 minutes from his shop

Come on over and we can swap lies
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Hank Hammond - 07/21/21
Sure as hell didn’t go wrong or get led astray! Now, when it comes to spending more money and gathering more blades...well, you came to the right spot also!
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Hank Hammond - 07/22/21
Another satisfied customer here. Hank is top notch.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Hank Hammond - 07/22/21
Beautiful knives!
© 24hourcampfire