Home
Posted By: geedubya Cold Steel - 09/30/21
and a Magnum.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

So here is to the KnifeFather Vince M.

ya!

GWB
Posted By: WildWest Re: Cold Steel - 09/30/21
Nice
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Cold Steel - 09/30/21
Put those two on your belt with a few extra cartridges and you're ready for some fun woods walking. grin

L.W.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Cold Steel - 10/01/21
I have that CS's twin brother.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Cold Steel - 10/01/21
tanto's need a big flat pommel, instead of a pointy one. Much more useful when pounding on them as can openers....
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Cold Steel - 10/01/21
Nice pairing, geedubya.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Cold Steel - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by huntsman22
tanto's need a big flat pommel, instead of a pointy one. Much more useful when pounding on them as can openers....

these were designed for pounding on heads. lol
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Cold Steel - 10/02/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Cold Steel - 10/02/21
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have that CS's twin brother.

Yep. Me too.
Posted By: Lslite Re: Cold Steel - 10/02/21
Always been fond of the CS Trailmaster myself.
Posted By: deflave Re: Cold Steel - 10/02/21
Nice, geesub.

Which dash is that one-niner?
Posted By: 1Akshooter Re: Cold Steel - 10/05/21
Back when Lynn Thompson was marking his territory in the knife world I picked up a few of his blades. The original San Mai III laminated steel blade with the brass fittings sits in my night stand and I am the only thing it has ever cut. I also have the Trail Master Carbon V, the Master Hunter and the seven inch Hudson Bay Scalping knife and I think Cold Steel used O1 steel for those knives. All of those knives were bought in the early 90's.

I gave the Master Hunter to a grandson and told him to clean it after use and keep oil on it. O1 is a good steel for a tough knife, just maintain it. Cold Steel has finally started using some of the modern stainless super steels, which I prefer for most uses.

I now have several knives made from CPM S30V and S35V and are pleased with them. Now they have CPM S3V and Magnacut super steeI, it never ends. I am a knife junkie!
© 24hourcampfire