Home
Posted By: huntsman22 lust... - 02/01/22
I have long lusted after Geedubya's Blue-Veined Walrus Dick boner. I always thought it was the finest Lil Dumplin' that Rick Menefee ever made. After a few years, I finally had Rick build one for me. But by then, the blue-line micarta was expensive and hard to get, so I sent him scales that I liked and he obliged by using them. Mine is made from S35V. Well anyway, geedub finally relented to my pressure to sell me his. It showed up today, and is now living in CO with his cousin. Welcome home, Cuz......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

After getting them both side-by side, I actually prefer the thicker scales and liners on my'un. The blueline has really changed color over the years, but is still beautiful. If it could have got here before the weekend, instead of after, I could have introduced it to a few doe antelope via damage tags. But alas, the season was over yesterday......

Thanks again, Geedub. I love it like my own child, instead of the redheaded stepchild that it is....grin
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: lust... - 02/01/22
I also picked up a new pocketknife today. The only Zero Tolerance pattern that I can stomach.....

Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: lust... - 02/01/22
Three nice looking pieces.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: lust... - 02/01/22
Dandies!

Those dumplins are nice !
Posted By: mike_e_miller Re: lust... - 02/01/22
The blue line was only available in a smaller not quite 3/16 stock.
Posted By: MOGC Re: lust... - 02/01/22
ZT 0450? I have the plain jane Ti model.
Posted By: rd7fox Re: lust... - 02/01/22
Wow, Your lust was quite justified !

Terrific that GWB let go of it for you.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: lust... - 02/01/22
Evnin, holeee crap. I just received a new knife, almost identical to the zero tolerance. New maker I'd never heard of, CJRB gobi flipper, 3-1/2" blade maybe a little more up sweep to it in D2 steel. Just ordered another from another unknown manufacturer. Kube, model pretender 3 5/8 blade D2 both folders. Well made and way cheaper than ZT. The last one ordered has more of a rising drop point, slimmer to. Should make the work on the south end of deer easier. The upswept one has that rising point and can catch things makes a pretty good skinner though. These new companies are usually related to a better or larger company just trying to cover all bases. Love the knives. Think it's about time for G dubya showed us more of his collection???? GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: lust... - 02/01/22
Don,

I’m happy to see you picked up the blue veiner. Geedub is quite the guy!
no argument here.
Posted By: Judman Re: lust... - 02/01/22
Very nice Don. What’s the inlay in the veiner?
petrified walrus pecker.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: lust... - 02/01/22
GW's walrus cock blue line has been one of my favorite knives on the fire. Glad you got it Hunts

I like that little ZT too.
Posted By: longarm Re: lust... - 02/02/22
Those tapers really get me, and I think the thin scales are le bombe. All three nice, really.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: lust... - 02/03/22
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I have long lusted after Geedubya's Blue-Veined Walrus Dick boner. I always thought it was the finest Lil Dumplin' that Rick Menefee ever made. After a few years, I finally had Rick build one for me. But by then, the blue-line micarta was expensive and hard to get, so I sent him scales that I liked and he obliged by using them. Mine is made from S35V. Well anyway, geedub finally relented to my pressure to sell me his. It showed up today, and is now living in CO with his cousin. Welcome home, Cuz......

After getting them both side-by side, I actually prefer the thicker scales and liners on my'un. The blueline has really changed color over the years, but is still beautiful. If it could have got here before the weekend, instead of after, I could have introduced it to a few doe antelope via damage tags. But alas, the season was over yesterday......

Thanks again, Geedub. I love it like my own child, instead of the redheaded stepchild that it is....grin

Congrats, Don. And...having both I fully agree with your scale thickness assessment.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: lust... - 02/03/22
Also, re the ZT 0450...

IMO a SUPER bargain. I have a Sinkevich Coord and 2 of the Ti 0450's...and as you said (!)...ZT nailed this one!
Posted By: Journeyman Re: lust... - 02/04/22
Darn...also...also:

Put one of these on your 0450...you won't be sorry:!!!

MSG GEAR Clips
Posted By: Dude270 Re: lust... - 02/04/22
I had a blue line scaled dumplin from Rick that had thin scales too.

They were beautiful but just too thin for my taste. That one went down the road and the current one wears some of that old shipyard micarta John Lloyd had. It is thicker and makes my hand a lot happier.

No matter what that blue line is something special, and that walrus pecker shield takes it over the top
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: lust... - 02/04/22
thanks for the link journeyman
Posted By: woodson Re: lust... - 02/04/22
Very cool knife huntsman.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: lust... - 02/05/22
been getting a little use. Trimmed fingernails, opened some mail, and cut up dinner.....grin

Posted By: SLM Re: lust... - 02/05/22
That’s one to hang on to for sure.
Posted By: Judman Re: lust... - 02/05/22
Originally Posted by huntsman22
been getting a little use. Trimmed fingernails, opened some mail, and cut up dinner.....grin

Hell ya!
Posted By: frogman43 Re: lust... - 02/07/22
Good deal all the way around Amigo.....enjoy that knife!
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: lust... - 02/14/22
journeyman, you was right. that msg clip is a very good upgrade.....

© 24hourcampfire