Home
Well, my knife finally arrived today.

It was worth the wait. Very happy I took the risk to order something I wanted from someone who is regarded by many as in the top tier of their profession, fixed blade hunting knives. The workmanship is impeccable. I like the Micarta scales more than I thought, as the canvas gives it an interesting look as it changes with the contours. It's not highly figured Desert Ironwood, but it's not meant to be. The kydex sheath is a perfect fit, and very easy to remove when done properly.

It is a substantial knife, but not a Buck 119 or anything. Big enough to give me a little bit extra blade length when needed on a large animal or skinning fish, but still easy enough to choke up one for fine work.

I've included a picture with a Grohmann Bird and Trout, an Opinel #8, and a few others for perspective. I won't bore you by trying to describe how razor sharp the blade is. Let's just say it's really really sharp. Here are some pics. The next ones will be with it covered in blood, hopefully the cow moose I drew for. I am going to put it to the test this fall on everything from pheasant to moose to fish. I think it will make a very good knife to take game from field all the way to fork.

Tonight, I'm happy.

Thank you to all who have answered my questions on knives. You have been a helpful group. Appreciated greatly.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I must make a confession though. I am fighting the urge to order another, but from a different maker. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
Very nice and multi purpose knife you chose.
Should be able to do about anything you need it to.

It is a sickness so be careful of future "needs".
Tim
Nice knife!

Congrats.

I'll add....

Tim is right. Its addictive.
Beautiful knife. How long was your wait? How did you contact him? I’ve tried a couple of times.

Thanks.
Thanks.

[email protected]

7 months
Really nice
Nice! Hope to see some bloody knife pictures this fall, congrat's.
That's a beauty!
Happy hunting this fall.
© 24hourcampfire