Home
Anyone own any? Have 2 that came from the old man.
He bought them in the 70’s, gave them to me in the late 80’s. There’s two have never been used. I had another folder in the box that got stolen. Also have another folder, unused, but no box or sheath.
I passed these two on to my 16yo son today.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Those are great looking knives !

Any idea who produced those for S&W ?
I found this.
https://iknifecollector.com/group/odds-ends/page/the-knives-of-smith-wesson
Good read there 1911a1. Thanks.

Really appreciate that link. Pretty much covers anything you could ever want to know about these knives. I remember that survival model with the screw off butt cap. Dad had that one too and maybe the filet.
I have a few of them;

3x Outdoorsman #6020, 2x Survival #6030, 1x Fisherman #6050, 2x Folding Hunter #6060, 3x Skinner #6070.

I have seen, but haven't owned, the Bowie #6010 and Fisherman Fillet #6040.

The two knives in your picture, the Folding Hunter and Skinner, seem like the most practical styles to me.

A few years ago I walked into a local pawn shop as a man with a cardboard box full of these knives in NIB condition was walking out. The pawn broker must not have offered him much for them. I turned and followed him out to his car and one thing led to another until I bought 7 of the 11 that I currently have for $300. Another reason to have some cash on you or squirreled away in your car so that when cash only opportunities arise, you're not looking for an ATM.
Real knife loonies have a stash of cash on them for just such occasions.
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
Real knife loonies have a stash of cash on them for just such occasions.
and gun nuts. I have found some really nice bargains in South Florida pawn shops that like cash
Here are a couple of knives by Blackie Collins knives that I have. The first one is a S&W, the second one is a Blackie Collins.

I have a couple...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nice collection!
© 24hourcampfire