Home
Posted By: EdM Knife Recondition - 12/12/22
I have an old USA Schrade folder that I would like to have reconditioned. It was my wife's grandfathers that landed on a bench in the garage at her father's cabin. I received it when he passed. I do not know the model but it is about Buck 110 size wise. It has two blades, silver bolsters (?, I am not a knife guy) with white scrimshawed panels (?) of two quail on one side with what appears to be a signature finely done below. The other side has a "crest" with a blank area for what I would guess ones initials to be applied. I would like to hand this down to my first grandchild (a boy) born June of this year. Does anyone know where I can send it to bring it back to near new?Also, someone who can scrimshaw his initials on the knife?
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Knife Recondition - 12/12/22
If not a member, join bladeforums.com

Theres a “traditional” knife subforum.

Slipjoint, lockback, hunters etc.

Someone may know there.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Knife Recondition - 12/12/22
I would be inclined to clean it up, and leave it as it is.
Posted By: jpb Re: Knife Recondition - 12/12/22
Originally Posted by EdM
I have an old USA Schrade folder that I would like to have reconditioned. It was my wife's grandfathers that landed on a bench in the garage at her father's cabin. I received it when he passed. I do not know the model but it is about Buck 110 size wise. It has two blades, silver bolsters (?, I am not a knife guy) with white scrimshawed panels (?) of two quail on one side with what appears to be a signature finely done below. The other side has a "crest" with a blank area for what I would guess ones initials to be applied. I would like to hand this down to my first grandchild (a boy) born June of this year. Does anyone know where I can send it to bring it back to near new?Also, someone who can scrimshaw his initials on the knife?
Hi Ed

I *THINK* this is the guy a friend in Michigan used for an old knife with family history - was about 7 years ago, did a great job.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bill-deshivs-cutler.1680450/

/John
Posted By: EdM Re: Knife Recondition - 12/12/22
Great. Thanks.
© 24hourcampfire