Home
I had a bad habit of dropping my backpack from my treestand every once and a while.

One year I snapped a Case XXX blade at the hilt when my thermos hit it just right.
No, not when hunting or engaged in any other activity.
I had to reshape a blade that a customer had broken the tip on, but that is about it.
I had a fixed blade Case knife - Ridgeback Hunter - have a big section of the blade break out when field dressing / gutting a deer. First use. Bad heat treat or something.
After selling over 1000 knives I had a customer call me and tell me he broke a chunk out of his blade. I asked what he was doing when it broke. He said just gutting a Axis deer. I asked did it happen when you cut through the brisket? Reluctantly he said yes. Obviously he torqued The blade on the cut. I reminded him that I told him I ground his knife very thin as he asked and not to cut through the brisket or pelvis. I told him to send it back and I would fix it or make him another knife that would not break doing what he wanted. It’s been 4 years and haven’t seen the knife. My guess he’s still using it.
No.
© 24hourcampfire