Home
Posted By: texas_hawg Pocket knives - 02/03/23
Grandfather and uncle passed away a while back and I inherited a bunch of pocket knives and an old buck 119. My grandfather wasn’t a collector per say, more of a an old school hoarder that kept anything that might come in handy some day.

Some of knives are in really rough shape and some are unused. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what I have here and if there is any value or do I just offer up the unused ones to a kid and toss the rusted and broken ones. The buck knife is sentimental as I often saw it pulled out to dress deer while we were hunting. It’s not going anywhere and isn’t pictured. The other knives don’t hold any sentimental value.

Appreciate any input

Attached picture EC97904F-9524-4BFC-82DE-AC8B0807B42D.jpeg
Attached picture BB906B79-DE7D-4508-9732-59A04EB0BDAF.jpeg
Posted By: Windfall Re: Pocket knives - 02/03/23
TH, I don’t know squat about value, but I do kind of like that center three bladed bone handle one. It reminds me of the stock knife that my late little sister gave me when we were just kids. Let me know if it comes up for sale or any particulars that might be on the blade in a pm. Thanks
Posted By: texas_hawg Re: Pocket knives - 02/03/23
Windfall, that’s an uncle Henry. I’ve got one of them myself from when I was a kid. This one is pretty beat up with a broken and bent blade. Another blade has been badly missharpened. But if that doesn’t bother you and it brings back good memories to you shoot me a pm with your address and I’ll send it your way.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Pocket knives - 02/03/23
No one can make judgements based off those pics. Better pictures would help alot.

Fleabay, Bladeforums and AAPK forums are the gold standard online resources for valuing knives.

Depending on what you have some old beater folders can go for $.
Posted By: stuvwxyz Re: Pocket knives - 02/03/23
The red checker board scaled knife was a =give away knife from the Purina feed company. Lots and lots of them out there. However, since they were given away, often they were given to a boy by their dad and they weren't well taken care of. It is nice to see one in good shape. Looks like it is still with its box. I would like to add that one to my collection so if interested in selling PM me please.
Posted By: texas_hawg Re: Pocket knives - 02/04/23
Usually the attached pics are little better. Wouldn’t let me do very high quality. Thanks for the suggestions on other sites to check out. I’ll take a look over on them.

I don’t think the purina has ever been used. If you have an idea of value you can make me an offer or I’ll see what I can come up with based off what I find and shoot you a pm.

Thanks
Posted By: poboy Re: Pocket knives - 02/04/23
Check the Purina is not a Chinese knock-off. There are lots of knock-offs for sale.
Posted By: texas_hawg Re: Pocket knives - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by poboy
Check the Purina is not a Chinese knock-off. There are lots of knock-offs for sale.

How do you know if it’s a knock off? I’m assuming it’s not. My grandfather was farmer in rural Missouri. These knives were all in his basement in an old coffee can. But if it’s a fake I’d like to know it. Thanks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Pocket knives - 02/05/23
I only have the one Kutmaster, an old muskrat
IIRC gave like 9 or 10 dollars for new years ago.
It has the same tang stamp

As far as I know, there were no asian knock
offs of Kutmaster years back, but an expert
would have to say for sure
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Pocket knives - 02/07/23
That Kutmaster looks USA authentic to me.
Posted By: Razorhog Re: Pocket knives - 02/11/23
It's not fake or reproduction.
© 24hourcampfire