Home
Posted By: jackmountain Marlin spike. - 03/28/23
Looking for something like a benchmade bugout/griptillian with a Marlin spike that flips out the rear. Always using my knife for things that it shouldn’t be used for. Scraping, scratching, prying, cleaning out around grease fittings. A marlin spike would be ideal.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Marlin spike. - 03/28/23
The first knife / tool that comes to my mind is the discontinued Spyderco Tusk. Designed as a mariner / sailor's knife, it had a 2.5"-ish blade made of LC200N on one side and a stainless marlin spike on the otherwise. They weren't cheap to begin with but now it seems they're fetching pretty wild prices on the secondary market.

Maybe someone will chime in with a cheaper, current offering that fits the bill.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Marlin spike. - 03/28/23
That would be ideal. Been looking at all the offerings from myerchin.
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Marlin spike. - 03/31/23
If you can deal with a made in China beater:

https://www.camillusknives.com/products/folding-knives/camillus-marlinspike-2-0-folding-knife.html
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Marlin spike. - 03/31/23
I bought a Kershaw Barge for a work knife and all the boys loved it,so I bought them each one. There's yet to be a failure and they are mad to be MEAN to. Hint................

Posted By: jackmountain Re: Marlin spike. - 04/03/23
Eagle,
Spyderco tusk would work nicely. I’m keeping eyes open for one. Think I’m gonna pull the trigger on a Myerchin titanium crew to try out. Marlin spike would make a good spud to line up two holes for a fastener too I’m thinking.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That barge could be handy Stick, like it but I need something to dig hardened dirt from around grease fittings and wondering if it would fit.
Off base, but that spyderco that shows in a lot of your pics opening packages, is that a dog tag?
Posted By: beretzs Re: Marlin spike. - 04/04/23
Been carrying the Zero Tolerance for awhile as my do everything pocket knife. They are thick blades and I pry, cut and hammer on crap daily with mine. Never had or used the Marlin Spike, but that is a cool idea.

Can't say enough good about the ZT's though. I don't know if they are made by Kershaw or what but they are sold under Kershaw in their pro shop. They're good and seem to take the everyday beating well.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Marlin spike. - 04/04/23
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Marlin spike. - 04/04/23
'mountain,

I do use a Spyderco Serge Panchenko Gen4 Dog Tag Folder,as a dedicated Mail knife,in CTS-BD1 steel. Fact is,it's currently smoking,as I'm cruising through a backlog of packages. Hint.(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Now as to the Barge on tiny grease fittings,I'm thinking not,but as a Utility bang around be a dick to blade...it's tough to whoop. Spare back up,back up here. Hint.

In fairness,I did remove the spring clip after opening the Barge box,re-sprung more tension into it(my custom bend) and RedLok tighted the fasteners and it plugs along happily. I like to whoop it out and do STUPID Knife Schit with it,that another knife couldn't begin to fhuqking take,just for looks on faces. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Marlin spike. - 04/05/23
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Looking for something like a benchmade bugout/griptillian with a Marlin spike that flips out the rear. Always using my knife for things that it shouldn’t be used for. Scraping, scratching, prying, cleaning out around grease fittings. A marlin spike would be ideal.

I have David Boye dendritic cobalt folders with titanium marlin spikes on all of my rafting vests... they're in a league of their own.
© 24hourcampfire