Home
In January I received two knives from Rick Menefee. Both absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, the scales on one knife had cracks start to develop on the spalt lines.

I called Rick and discussed what to do next. Quick conversation it was. He said get it down to him and he’d take care of it. Wood is wood and sht happens, so instead of tempting fate, we decided to go a completely different direction. Jigged black micarta and a dark azz acid etch on the a2 blade. Told Rick, I may as well get a head start on the patina:)

I really like it.

Gonna stick it in a bear soon enough.

Thanks, Rick.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I don't do wood anymore, no matter how purty.....
Nice Dumplin, congrat's!
🔥🔥🔥

That’s a dandy.
I like it and may have Rick copy it for my 12 ga. when my name comes up. I was going to go stainless, but that etched look has me thinking. Congrats on getting a looker!
That is wonderful. The jigging is just tremendous too. Super nice
Hell ya, love Ricks work. Love that pattern too. Grats
I have a knife on order from Rick. The last one I got was a Chute Knife.
Originally Posted by Mully220
I like it and may have Rick copy it for my 12 ga. when my name comes up. I was going to go stainless, but that etched look has me thinking. Congrats on getting a looker!

Easy to have a rubbed finish put on SS...
Got any pics Journeyman? Will it darken it?
Love Ricks A2.
That's a damn good one! Liken that dark blade and jigged handle.
Originally Posted by Mully220

These guys are telling me the A2 has a pretty good corosion resistance compared to other carbon steels
I think I could really like that pattern! Very useful. And a beaut!
Looks real nice
© 24hourcampfire