Home
Congratulations on making the Knifemaker’s Guild!

Jason
deservedly so......
Congrats Hank! My wife uses one of his pieces of art almost daily!
Congrats, well deserved.
Dang! I was scrolling through the Fire getting ready to post this. Y’all beat me to it. I’m so proud that they saw fit to include me. It’s a three year process to be considered for membership. Working up through probationary status, etc. Each step your blades are examined and critiqued by your peers. After approval, you progress another step up the ladder so to speak. I was requested to bring four blades to the Blade Show in Atlanta last week for final judging. I ended up bringing five in case they wanted to see more. The guys picked apart every blade, asked me questions regarding my processes….things like that. Another man called this part being “in the sweat box”. 😏 I had confidence in my abilities so I tried not to sweat this part. I was either good enough or I wasn’t was the way I looked at it.

My five knives were three stainless (CPM154), one Damascus and one of my file knives (vintage Nicholson file).

Strangely enough, they gave me the thumbs up and welcomed me into their membership! Proud moment for me. Thanks for all the positive feedback from you guys. Very much appreciated.

Here are the knives I submitted for review:

Two with CPM154
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

CPM154 stainless on left, file knife on the right.

Damascus and Blesbok handle:
Nice and congrats.
Very nice blades!
Congrats. I like that ironwood B&T in the first pic.
Originally Posted by Mully220
It’s been a very popular model for me. I just brought it out of retirement last year. I found my pattern for that blade in my workshop and wondered where it had been all this time. Its name the Kinchafoonee Hunter. Named after the creek that flows past my house.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by Mully220
It’s been a very popular model for me. I just brought it out of retirement last year. I found my pattern for that blade in my workshop and wondered where it had been all this time. Its name the Kinchafoonee Hunter. Named after the creek that flows past my house.
What are the dimensions on that?
Congratulations! I had no doubt that you would make it! I wish I could have been there, but I had a conflict this year.
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Congratulations! I had no doubt that you would make it! I wish I could have been there, but I had a conflict this year.
Yep. I was looking for you Harry. Good show. Horrific traffic.
That blade is 7 3/4” in length with a 3 1/2” blade. I can make that blade (or any others) in any length if a person needs to tweak it a bit.
Congratulations!
Earned Respect!
Well earned and very much deserved
Originally Posted by pacecars
Well earned and very much deserved
Thanks! Keeping that knife outta the dishwasher right?
Yep. It looks as good as new. I told my wife and kids to not put any of my knives in the dishwasher!
Originally Posted by pacecars
Yep. It looks as good as new. I told my wife and kids to not put any of my knives in the dishwasher!
Fantastic news. Hope you’re dried out by now. We got 11” in my rain gauge Wednesday and Thursday
Congratulations! I’m not the afficiano that some are, but every one of your knive are great looking and more so, appear very functional - the sweet spot in knives IMHO.

Always nice to see good folks recognized.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Congratulations! I’m not the afficiano that some are, but every one of your knive are great looking and more so, appear very functional - the sweet spot in knives IMHO.

Always nice to see good folks recognized.
Thank you very much!
Congrats, Hank! A lot of us have known for a while what these folks just figured out. smile
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Congrats, Hank! A lot of us have known for a while what these folks just figured out. smile
Y’all are too kind. Summer’s here….it gets hot as Hades in my shop then. Comments like that make the effort worthwhile when it’s 105 degrees.
Been carrying the blue small Canadian daily since I got it. Haven’t been treating it kindly, cutting rope, plastic, skinning electric wires, cutting cardboard and even scored some sheet rock and the edge is holding up fantastic.
Y’all are too kind. Summer’s here….it gets hot as Hades in my shop then. Comments like that make the effort worthwhile when it’s 105 degrees.

Love your work, Hank. You are a true Craftsman and deserve any recognition you get.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Congratulations! Um, is air conditioning not an option for your shop? Guessing you will have even more orders now... just a thought cool
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Congratulations! Um, is air conditioning not an option for your shop? Guessing you will have even more orders now... just a thought cool
Dust is a huge factor. I ventilate with an attic fan next to my grinders but it’s still a factor. And yes, I wear a good mask, eye protection and hearing protection. I do wish I could have A/C though….
Congratulations sir ! Your work is outstanding !
Damn, if anyone deserves to be included it you! Beautiful knives.
Thanks so much!
Congrats, Hank!!!
Originally Posted by SLM
Been carrying the blue small Canadian daily since I got it. Haven’t been treating it kindly, cutting rope, plastic, skinning electric wires, cutting cardboard and even scored some sheet rock and the edge is holding up fantastic.
That G-10 works good for a handle material doesn’t it? Tough!

Originally Posted by SKane
Congrats, Hank!!!
Much appreciated Scott!
My wonderful example of Hank's famous-ness....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
It is some good stuff.

Nice one hunts’.

Originally Posted by SLM
That G-10 works good for a handle material doesn’t it? Tough!

Originally Posted by SKane
Congrats, Hank!!!
Much appreciated Scott!
Congrats Hank Well deserved
Originally Posted by rylee1
Congrats Hank Well deserved

Thanks so very much.
Congratulations on a great accomplishment.

Love your work, Hank. You are a true Craftsman and deserve any recognition you get.

Is this model your Canadian Skinner? What is the blade length? It’s a beauty.
I believe a man would be well served out in the field, forest, or mountains, with one of those very handsome knives on his belt. Congratulations on your membership in the Guild, Go Dogs.

L.W.
Originally Posted by fshaw

Would need to ask Godogs57 the name. Yes, it is a Skinner.

Would need to ask Godogs57 the name. Yes, it is a Skinner.

Yes that’s my Canadian Skinner model. 7 3/4” long, 3 1/4” cutting edge. CPM154 stainless steel. If a person wants a specific size, I can cut the steel to suit. Some folks specify a 3 1/2” blade, adding on a quarter inch, for example. No problem.

Hank
Congratulations on a great accomplishment.
Thanks so much!!
© 24hourcampfire