Home
Looking for several small (2.5" blade) lock back folders as gifts and personal use. Say around $25 or less???
won't find much quality for $25 bucks.

Try the local flea market for a Chinese or Pakistani made knife.
Have several thousand $$ in customs but this is different.
How about for $50.
Couple years ago a friend recommended a nice little knife but now I can't remember the model, thinkin LBK or LBT.
These fit the $25 and under. Certainly not custom, high quality, but not bad little users:

http://www.agrussell.com/ka-bar-mini-dozier-folders/p/KA4072BO/

Bear MGC Alabama USA
Try SMKW - Smokey Mountain Knife Works. They have all brands. Amazon.com is another place to shop.

Sonoma Cutlery has the 3" Remington Heritage Series Gentlemen's Pocket Folder lockback for $35 delivered. It is a great little knife in green bone or jigged derlin. My dad had two of them that I had given him when he past. I gave them on to my uncles. Good luck.

For a small lockback folder, I carry a Fallkniven U2 with a laminated steel blade, but it's about $100.

Amazon.com has the Ka Bar Dozier for $15 and free shipping over $25.
The mini Dozier seems like what I am looking for.
Gerber lst, a little smaller than you're looking for, but a decent knife.
LST, that is the one recommend before. Thanks guys!
Hate to say it but some of the "Rough Rider" brand from China have been pretty decent. Their fit and finish have improved greatly nad their steel is a lot better.
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Gerber lst, a little smaller than you're looking for, but a decent knife.

+1. ~$22 at the Chinese Embassy (WalMart).
[Linked Image]
* Overall Length: 6.1"
* Blade Length: 2.63"
* Closed Length: 3.61"
* Weight: 1.2 oz.
* Lock Mechanism: Lock-back
* Blade Style: Drop Point
* Blade Material: 420HC Stainless Steel
* Blade Type: Fine
* Handle Material Glass-filled nylon

The ultralight LST is smaller.

The Gerber LST is my daily carry. Small enough to be unobtrusive, yet big enough to be functional.

I also carry a Leatherman Wave and a Leatherman Micra. wink

Originally Posted by Daveh
Looking for several small (2.5" blade) lock back folders as gifts and personal use. Say around $25 or less???

These are cool, not made in PRC and within your budget.

http://www.svord.com/pages/Pocket%20&%20Peasant%20Knives%20index.htm
Originally Posted by ironbender
(sic)
The Gerber LST is my daily carry. Small enough to be unobtrusive, yet big enough to be functional.

(sic)

You can also add cheap enough you won't cry if you loose it. I gave my brother my lst, need to get another.
Daveh:
When we toured the Buck factory in Post Falls a couple of years ago, our eldest daughter and I each picked up a little Vantage Select for somewhere around $20 each.

http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?event=product.detail&ProductID=3650

Now the select is perhaps a bit larger than you had in mind, with a 2 5/8" 420HC blade and they are liner lockers, not lock backs.

I'll note as well that while the Buck website lists them at $33, they seem to be available for closer to $25 at a few sources.

That said, they are made in the US and in our experience, a pretty decent overall knife for the money asked.

Hopefully that was some use to you. Good luck whichever way you decide.

Regards,
Dwayne
ANYTHING by kershaw... my EDC is a Kershaw Needs Work... just over $30, and it's the best pocket knife i've ever owned
I ordered a selection of the ones mentioned above....
Ka-bar mini-dozier
Buck vantage select
Gerber LST
Rough rider fixed blade mini-hunter
American made Bear MGC ,good steel too.
My first knives when I was a kid were KABAR my father purchased for me at the local Western Auto . When older felt I was too big for them and had to have a fancy Benchmade Folder years back .... when it disappeared from a pocket one day I realized I needed something more disposable for day to day .

Purchased a KABAR DOZIER #4062 two years ago for less than $20 bucks .... still holds an edge and the only wear is the paint on the clip ... may be made overseas but KABAR quality is still there .

By the way buy two and put the 2nd one away , designs , prices and manufacturers don't last nowadays .
At the prices I paid I'll get 2-3 more of the one I like best as your right, things can change or go south quick and your left saying "why didn't I buy more when I could"
Case Med Stockman but it is not a lock blade. would never part with mine, it is perfect for my everyday needs.
kershaw chill
Thanks All. of these three I like the Buck best by a good bit but the Gerber is the sharpest out of the box.

Ka-bar mini-dozier
Buck vantage select
Gerber LST

Appreciate the input!!

The Rough Rider fixed is worth the $14 but that is all. Sheath is worthless as it falls out....

© 24hourcampfire