Home
Posted By: KBA The "Samurai Hunter" - 09/02/11
I don't post here often, but thought I might post up a little "inspiration" I got from my past weekend in Troy, Ohio, at an event I posted up earlier a few weeks ago.
Seems like every time I get in the same room with Joe Keeslar I get this "infection" and need to come back home and make a Brut de Forge.
It's a disease.
So, I came up with the "Samurai Hunter"!
A traditional wrapped handle with ray skin under-lay, but with a clipped hunter profile on a 1095 blade with a hamon.
With a mirror polished spine and clip.
And I do believe she's gettin' a Kydex sheath!
Confusing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: The "Samurai Hunter" - 09/02/11
its probably not what I would choose but it looks exceptionally well made. I do dig the raw unfinished look in contract to the finely finished portions. Very neat and looks like it has a "few" hours in it.
Posted By: Mink Re: The "Samurai Hunter" - 09/02/11
I do love seeing that Hamon line. Many cool points awarded there.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: The "Samurai Hunter" - 09/02/11
there are many points with this knife, that show a high degree of not only design ability, but skill in execution.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: The "Samurai Hunter" - 09/02/11
Very, very nice.
Posted By: KBA Re: The "Samurai Hunter" - 09/02/11
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
there are many points with this knife, that show a high degree of not only design ability, but skill in execution.

I appreciate your critique.
It's not all that easy to make something look crude and refined at the same time!
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: The "Samurai Hunter" - 09/02/11
I like that one. A lot.

A kydex, and a leather (rayskin or shark skin) sheath would be very, very nice.
I just went back to your website to send you an email on this knife. I am sorry/glad to see that someone beat me to it. While I wasn't crazy about the style of the knife, the execution made me get my checkbook out, albeit too late. A very neat piece.
Posted By: antlers Re: The "Samurai Hunter" - 09/03/11
I like the forged-in guard. The knife looks rugged and refined at the same time! Very cool.
© 24hourcampfire