Home
I got an SOG Tactical Tomahawk...i would post a picture but my internet is not cooperating well.
[Linked Image]
nice Mike Miller
Benchmade Barrage

[Linked Image]
here are two that were in my stocking. The fixed blade is GL Drew in ATS 34 about 6", the folder is from Gene Wiseman in D2 with the nice two tone micarta. I wanted both of these for some time and they showed up pretty close together. RP (sorry for the smudge on the Wiseman - I do use my stuff)

Attached picture 2011-12-28_18-26-42_694.jpg
[Linked Image]
nice looking blades...to the both of you

rikker, i really like that Wiseman
The Wiseman just appeared at the right moment for the right price. It is heavy duty yet remarkably light.
sounds like my kind of knife
Which one is the Wiseman. The fixed blade on the left is the exact knife I bought for my daughter years ago. Who made it? Any details on it?

Here's a couple I made as Christmas presents. They are both CPM 154, 59-60 Rc. The first one was for my father-in-law. The scales are mesquite that a friend of his gets "imported" to PA for cooking purposes.

[Linked Image]

This one has stabilized Buckeye scales from Arizona Ironwood. A friend asked me to make it for him to give to his son.

[Linked Image]

Yes, that's a cat hair near the blade tip. Sorry!
Originally Posted by Robster
Which one is the Wiseman. The fixed blade on the left is the exact knife I bought for my daughter years ago. Who made it? Any details on it?

The Wiseman is the folder. The fixed blade is by GL Drew. His website is http://www.knives.drewclan.com/ Mr Drew does a variety of styles and materials. He probably does more forged knives but he still offers other materials. RP
@Jester

nice work...really like the second one

Thanks. That's numbers 4 and 5 on the year.
The fixed blade is by GL Drew. His website is http://www.knives.drewclan.com/ Mr Drew does a variety of styles and materials. He probably does more forged knives but he still offers other materials. RP

Thanks for the link. I remember the name now. It may be stamped on the blade, but I dont know where my daughter keeps the knife and it kind of suprised me seeing her knife in pictures.

Thanks again
bought this Ray Laconico Bushcraft blade just before Christmas. Due to various things going on, I have not had a chance to do more than play with it in the back yard, but it promises to be a solid performer.
Shown here with a Wetterlings small hunter ax for size comparison.
[Linked Image]
This is my Christmas present...an XTC 29'er 1
[Linked Image]
Well here are my Christmas presents. The Barkniven I got early and she has tasted blood via a big doe late muzzleloader season.

[Linked Image]

Busse Boss Street, F1 Barkniven, Barkriver rampless Bravo-1 smile
My oldest daughter (17) asked me for ideas and I gave her a list of possibilities and she picked the Sod Buster Jr from the list. I have always like the Sod Buster design and it is shaving sharp right out of the box. I really like it, it is larger and heavier than I expected so it will not be an every day pocket knife.

[Linked Image]
Very nice Sodbuster. I never noticed one with lock-back.
It's not a lockback, I picked a stock photo since I am away from home.
Originally Posted by RDW
It's not a lockback, I picked a stock photo since I am away from home.

hard to beat a Case Sodbuster. Bought this one early last year. Carry it often.
[Linked Image]
One for me and one for my brother... in D2

[Linked Image]
A nice 12 x 2 x 1 inch translucent Arkansas oil stone.
My boys bought me a Buck for Christmas.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing

[Linked Image]

Now that is a hell of a edc pocket knife.

Von Gruff.
Originally Posted by VonGruff
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing

[Linked Image]

Now that is a hell of a edc pocket knife.

Von Gruff.

This one one of about 3 knives I was considering when Steelhead posted that he had this same knife for every day carry. Well, I had no first hand reports on the other two knives, so if it was good enough for Steelhead it was good enough for me. I sent my $73 and got this same knife.

I like it a lot. Flicks open without resistance (and ONE HAND!), rock solid lockup with no play, and the coating takes care of the tendency of D2 to rust a bit.

I am very happy with the knife.

John
Nice blades everyone!! sorry i left the thread
© 24hourcampfire