Home
Posted By: mitchellmountain Pete's Heat Treating - 02/06/13
Just wanted to write a quick note on a trip I went on to Meadville, pa. My dad has his knees done and was staying in a hospital there, so I visited him and then stopped over to check out Pete's. Can't say enough about how friendly they are or the care they take in completing their orders. There were easily 7-8 hundred blades there, many from big production shops, but I saw at least 100 from small order custom makers. I picked Brad's brain on some metal selections and the processes used there and he was genuinly happy to shoot the breeze a bit. I had been thinking about getting a kiln to do my own, and still may in the future but knowing they do that kind of work there for not too much money, its going to be easy to put the kiln off for a while. Nice thing too is they are only about 45 minutes away.

God Bless,

MM
Posted By: cranky72 Re: Pete's Heat Treating - 02/07/13
that's a great deal to have all that processing so close. i'm lucky to have 2 great buddies that do the whole thing including the nitrogen. one of them is only 40 miles away. after watching what it takes to really grind steel & all the work involved, i knew i would never make knives but i enjoy the fruits of my buddies. cranky72
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Pete's Heat Treating - 02/07/13
when I first started I had several different places do heat treat for me. Brad at Peter's was by far the most helpful. He gave me a lot of detail and background in their processes. On top of everything else, they have very good pricing. If I were ever in need of a commercial service again, I'd definitely call Brad.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Pete's Heat Treating - 02/07/13
I live just a half hour from Pete's and my brother uses his services. I've ended up with several of his knives and they are top shelf.

donsm70
Posted By: Jester Re: Pete's Heat Treating - 02/08/13
And I'm the brother. I had the same experience as mitchellmountain in the OP. Brad is a great guy and provides top notch service. Here's a link.

http://www.petersheattreat.com/faq.html

© 24hourcampfire