Home
Posted By: j_elky 3 finger skinner finished - 03/08/15
Just finished this one, 3 finger skinner, 154cm, red canvas, black liners, mosaic pins and a pocket sheath (no belt loop). Not exactly sure, but I think I had some etching solution leaked out from around my stencil as I have two very tiny marks that will not buff out.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4ager Re: 3 finger skinner finished - 03/08/15
Nice looking blade.
very nice looking
That'll work.
Posted By: SKane Re: 3 finger skinner finished - 03/09/15
Very nice.
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: 3 finger skinner finished - 03/09/15
looks good
Posted By: Dan308 Re: 3 finger skinner finished - 03/11/15
oh yeah, I like that
Posted By: j_elky Re: 3 finger skinner finished - 03/12/15
Thanks Guys.

Dan.....how do you grind the old files? Do you anneal them first? I love the dark color of those blades.

Posted By: j_elky Finished a couple more - 02/06/16
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Finished a couple more. Both are 154CM, green with loveless bolts is for my oldest daughter, she picked out the color. Blue is kind of a paring knife. It was made from a scrap piece of 154CM after I cut out another blank.
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Finished a couple more - 02/06/16
looks nice
Posted By: gmusic Re: Finished a couple more - 02/06/16
Nice looking knives there J.

The only thing I don't like about the Loveless bolts is that little gap you get in the finished product because of the threads, other than that I love-um.
Posted By: j_elky Re: Finished a couple more - 02/06/16
G,

This was my first time using the loveless bolts. I agree, drove me nuts trying to sand them down and get rid of the gap. Finally gave up and realized I was just chasing around in a circle.

I see I need to work on getting better pictures. It's a lot harder to get good knife pictures than I thought it would be.

© 24hourcampfire