Home
Posted By: colodog PKA knife show - 08/22/15
Mr. Dale Atkerson gave me a nudge that there was the Professional Knifemakers Association show in Denver this weekend so I went to the city for a look, I'm closer than he is laugh
The makers are turning out some beautiful knives and I enjoyed seeing each mans take on a basic form.
I'm reminded why it's so hard to buy a knife for someone else, different people have such different tastes and each maker has a signature style.
Lots of Damascus blades and beautiful exotic handles. Some Tactical knives and forged kitchen knives a collection of Randall knives and a few Loveless clones plus the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.

Try as I might,I couldn't find anything I needed and I tried hard to spend a few bucks, nope, couldn't do it.

It made me realize how well the Campfire is connected to have the makers we have here!
Posted By: antlers Re: PKA knife show - 08/22/15
I believe Harvey King and Wayne Hendrix are both there.
Posted By: DaleAtkerson Re: PKA knife show - 08/22/15
Glad you had fun. You have more will power tham me. Thats one thing that pulled me into knife making, they're all just a bunch great guys.
Posted By: colodog Re: PKA knife show - 08/22/15
Harvey may have been there, I don't recognize his knives by site, yet.
I don't believe Wayne was there, I have one of his and they are subtle but distinctive, I think I would have spotted them and bought another.

I have a match to shoot in the morning but I'll go back down after, if I can.
Posted By: antlers Re: PKA knife show - 08/22/15
The ticket you bought today will get you in maƱana too. And Harvey makes a damn fine hunting knife.
Posted By: colodog Re: PKA knife show - 08/22/15
Antlers, Thanks for the reminder, I kept the stub in my wallet! Now I Have to go back!

Dale, you're right, they were all very nice and helpful folks.
I put fingerprints on each table!
Posted By: harvjr Re: PKA knife show - 08/25/15
Yes, I was there!

Had a great time and sold some knives to boot.
Posted By: harvjr Re: PKA knife show - 08/25/15
Antlers

Thanks for the praise!!

Harv
Posted By: colodog Re: PKA knife show - 08/25/15
Aw Rats, Sorry I missed meeting you at the show Harv.
Slap me as I wander by next time!
I'll have to wear a 24HR Campfire hat when I'm at a show that draws from several states.

If Dale hadn't hollered at me I would have missed it and not known it, I didn't hear any local advertising for the show.
I'll be watching more closely next time.
Posted By: DaleAtkerson Re: PKA knife show - 08/25/15
Sounds like someone is about ready for rehab!!!!!
Posted By: colodog Re: PKA knife show - 08/26/15
Doh!
I'm blaming the crazy summer construction season affecting my thinking, What's your excuse, Dale? laugh
© 24hourcampfire