Home
Posted By: Lawdwaz Phil Wilson Knife - 03/11/17
I'm darn near speechless. I've had my eyes on a Phil Wilson knife for some time now and finally the stars aligned!

This is one of his Bird & Trout knives; CPM154 steel and stabilized fidleback maple handle. 3 5/8" blade with kydex sheath. It'll be worker for sure......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ATROX Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 03/11/17
Man that's really cool. I love his knives
Posted By: MOGC Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 03/11/17
I bet it's a cutting machine! Is that a belt sheath?
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 03/11/17
No belt loop attachment. He said he doesn't put them on anymore, most guys don't want them. I'm glad it's not there.......
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 03/11/17
Well crafted and practical. I like it!
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 03/11/17
I need to tell you that I've skinned a moose, one elk and a mule deer before mine needed sharpening. Please DONT cut yourself with that knife. You will be hauling yourself to the emergency room, guaranteed.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 04/20/17
I've been out of the country behind a Company firewall or would have commented IMMEDIATELY on this.

All I can say is that I'm saddened that more posters here that I thought were knife savvy haven't recognized how special this knife is.

Maybe one has to have used one of Phil's knives to understand...?

Anyway...CONGRATS on a knife from a maker with performance upon what the "popular" posters can't even IMAGINE, and from one whom Rick Menefee calls "one of the best makers on the planet."

My knives from Phil have done more critters, in shorter time, than ALL of the knives put togeter from some of the most prolific poseurs here.

Looking forward to some "working" pics and the braggadocio that comes with owing such a treasure...again "CONGRATS", and WELL DONE!!!
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 04/21/17
Phil's steel is second to none. His heat treat methods are something all others strive to duplicate. Rick and I have spent hours discussing Phil's work. Knives are about cutting and that's what Phil's knives do.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 04/21/17
Lord that is nice!
Posted By: troutfisher13111 Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 04/21/17
Very nice! Maybe someday my stars will align.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Phil Wilson Knife - 04/21/17
one fellow I hunt with has a drop point by Phil. It is an amazing knife.
This one is beautiful, and sure gives you bragging rights.
© 24hourcampfire