Home
[Linked Image]

I can't take pics the way the pros do lol.

[Linked Image]
Well crafted classic. I like it.
Such a great pattern. A "do everything" knife.

RS
You did good!
anyone would be proud and happy to have that one. Wow!
Very Nice, Like the color of the handle too!
Very nice knife!
look really nice, would be a nice EDC
Thsnks for the kind words gentleman. I like it a lot.
Great looking knife!
Great looking knife?

What color is that Micarta?
Polished red linen micarta
Wow- what a beauty! I can't wait for mine to arrive (a B&T #3). Thanks for sharing. Nice grouse fan too!
Thank you sir, be sure and post yours up when you get it!
Not a fan of micarta but that color is different than the usual stuff....kind of earthy and subtle....I like it.
Being D2 doesn't hurt either.....it's one of my favorite steels.

Now ya need that #4 B&T with natural scales.
Update. And I feel kinda dumb lol.....

Just got an email from Mr. INGRAM. I reckon someone here requested this knife and specs. Turns out it's not micarta is actually g10. I had no idea as I ordered polished red micarta. To clear up here's the message I just received from Gene. Sorry for the confusion fellas.

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 9:13 AM Gene Ingram <[email protected]> wrote:
Gary, You are in the book. Let me know any question or change anytime.
Got an inquiry about your knife last night from one of the 24Hour guys last night.
He was wanting same knife in same materials. He asked for red micarta which I rarely use anymore because its dull color.
It looks I failed to tell you that and I used Red G10 on your knife and not micarta. G10 is much nicer in my opinion.
Hope that not a disappointment to you. Best Regards, Gene

My reply

Great news on bein back in the books! Can't wait. And Lol that's hilarious......I had no idea. I ordered polished red micarta and it Looked like polished red micarta to me. So I told them that's what it was. I'll be and sure to make the correction on the fire.........
No worries in me being disappointed. Ya done well.........

I don't know a lot about synthetic scales but from what I've read G-10 is a better product.
At least knife makers think so because they tend to charge more for it.

Funny how far a little honesty and tolerance goes.....someone should tell those f***sticks in DC about it..
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I don't know a lot about synthetic scales but from what I've read G-10 is a better product.
At least knife makers think so because they tend to charge more for it.

Funny how far a little honesty and tolerance goes.....someone should tell those f***sticks in DC about it..

Nor do I, I've got g10 one some benchmades but I've never had polished g10, I really like the feel of it so far..... I'm liking it so much that I plan to add another yellow jacket to the #4 b&t order next year when I'm up to bat. This was my first Ingram, I plan on ordering them as long as he keeps making them. I'm 98% small game hunter and the smaller knives are attractive to me.
Me too.....About the biggest thing I shoot these days is a Coyote and I skin one of them with a parring knife knife.
I don't have one of Gene's knives but I do have a handful of B&T and other small patterns that I'm fond of.
I may shoot a deer once in a blue moon. Coyote is the biggest that gets shot on a regular basis and I don't even skinnem.

Most of my time is spent looking at the south end of a setter and a brittany
Very nice Ky221. The Yellow Jacket pattern is one of my favorites. Enjoy it!
Originally Posted by Ky221
I may shoot a deer once in a blue moon. Coyote is the biggest that gets shot on a regular basis and I don't even skinnem.

Most of my time is spent looking at the south end of a setter and a brittany

Exactly why you NEED a B&T knife! smile And for what it's worth they work well on whitetails too.
Thanks much jcm.

GC- the more I look at the bird and trout #4, the more I'm not so sure.....but you guys sure seem to love them so I'm gonna go through with it lol. I really like the slim too!
Originally Posted by MOGC

Exactly why you NEED a B&T knife! smile And for what it's worth they work well on whitetails too.

True.....the last Deer I killed...about two years ago...I processed with my old Northwoods B&T.

[Linked Image]

B&T patterns also work for Rodents.

[Linked Image]

Heck.....You can even use em on birds in a pinch. smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Really digging the north woods and pheasant pic with the sxs. Classic!
Thanks......Vince had a knife photo contest a while back. I entered that pic and damned if I didn't win the thing.
It dang sure wasn't because of the knife because as you know there are some real beauties around here.
Vince said his wife talked him into it because of the content.

I won a sweet Mike Miller utility knife with a Warncliff blade.
Pretty cool since I NEVER win any thing....EVER.....

I do love that North Woods though. It was my first B&T. Bought it about 15yrs ago. I think I paid about $40 for it.
Good old 1095 steel too...it's not trendy but I have several knives in 1095....that and D2 are my favorites.
I find it ironic that folks spend hundreds of dollars on knife sharpening gadgets and then spend the rest of their lives and thousands of dollars looking for a miracle steel that never needs sharpening. I guess that's why they call themselves knifeknutz.Grin:)
I haven't checked out Mike miller yet, probably should .

I've won a few things from Muskie fishing companies over the years but never a knife lol. Especially a custom.

I like 1095 really alot; I Have a few a GEC in 1095. Buddy of mine can get them crazy sharp, I'm not so great at sharpening. It's a skill I need to learn.
That is a good pic FieldGrade.

I'd like to see the Warncliff bladed Miller is you get a chance.
Sweet little knife.
© 24hourcampfire