Home
Posted By: frogman43 Automatics? - 05/20/17
Anyone have any experience with the Microtech "Ultratech" model?

Relocating soon to Florida where they are legal to own and carry.....

Thanks!
Keith
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Automatics? - 05/20/17
The Ultra tech is a big knife, I prefer the UTX 85. It's the perfect edc size imo.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Automatics? - 05/20/17
Keith, I have not purchased any from Microtech, but I have had good service from a Protech Doru, and a nifty little Benchmade AK. Automatics are still illegal in Miami-Dade, and I believe Pinellas Counties. Orange County is going to banish them, and Duval is thinking about it.
Posted By: michiganroadkill Re: Automatics? - 05/20/17
Keith
We should meet for breakfast or lunch before you move out of the area.
Tim
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Automatics? - 05/20/17
Will try to make that happen, Tim!

Thanks for the info Sam, not understanding how municipalities can get away with things like that, preempt State law. Don't plan on visiting those schitholes in the future anyway! LOL

Ky221, thanks for the feedback! I was looking at the Ultratech because I thought the Combat Troodon as being too big. I'm going to be spending a lot of time outdoors, and on the Gulf, size is relative.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Automatics? - 05/21/17
So far, it seems like all the usual dealers are sold out of the UTX85......
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Automatics? - 05/21/17
Originally Posted by frogman43

Thanks for the info Sam, not understanding how municipalities can get away with things like that, preempt State law. Don't plan on visiting those schitholes in the future anyway! LOL

I'm not understanding any kind of knife ban.
You'd get laughed out of the state if you even suggested something like that around here.
Hell....I saw a chick carrying one of those tactical clip folders in the courthouse when I was renewing my plates the other day. People don't even give it a second glance.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Automatics? - 05/21/17
Originally Posted by frogman43
Will try to make that happen, Tim!

Ky221, thanks for the feedback! I was looking at the Ultratech because I thought the Combat Troodon as being too big. I'm going to be spending a lot of time outdoors, and on the Gulf, size is relative.

poorly written legislation is how this can happen. The State of Florida, years back, passed a law that preempts all local firearms laws. They should have said "Weapons", not "firearms". That left the huge hole in what Counties and Cities can do about knives and other weapons.
© 24hourcampfire