Home
He's a couple hours from me, so instead of mailing my knife, I went to pick it up.
Mr David is first class. When I came in he said pull up a chair and make yourself at home. He gave me the tour of his shop and answered all my questions. We sat for about 2 hrs and talked. It's one thing to see knives on the internet. But another to hold the patterns in hand.

Folders aren't my thing. And the 'fire is known for fixed blades. Mr David showed me some of his folders. They are works of art. Much too nice for a daily user.

He also showed me his handmade Damascus. Very nice.

He showed me the for sale drawer. I came away with a new model skinner. #91. When the rain stops I'll put a pic up.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I came away with a new model skinner. #91. When the rain stops I'll put a pic up.

be waiting!

ya!

GWB
[Linked Image]

Sorry. Not a geedubya class pic.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
[Linked Image]

Sorry. Not a geedubya class pic.

who cares. Good enough to see that's a swell combo, scales and blade shape!

Mighty fine!

GWB
Looks handy! I like it...
Dave,
I'm near certain I could let you spec a knife for me and I'd love it.
And that one is certainly no exception!
Nice!!!!!!!!
I love the way he matched the colors of the knife and sheath...........pure class...

Enjoy
Never met David, but I have talked to him several times on the phone. First class, all the way.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sun tried to come out.
Maybe I missed it, is the yellow one a #45?
Originally Posted by lantx
Maybe I missed it, is the yellow one a #45?

Yessir,

A #45 with a tad longer blade. Yeller with blue pins
Beautiful design and craftsmanship.
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Beautiful design and craftsmanship.

that #91 just keeps growing on me!

I'll have to post some pix of the Winston's I own. Like the pix above they are flawless in their execution.

love everything about the #91.

ya!

GWB
Got some fine makers in this state.
No fricken idea how I missed this thread, but glad I finally found it. Great looking knife Dave! Mr. Winston is my favorite maker, totally jealous you were able to tour his shop.
I can't lie. I was like a kid in a candy store.
That model 91 sure is a nice one!! Congrats, really a nice design and liking all the colors on that one. Do you know about how long Mr Winston is taking these days once you order?? Might need one like that!
© 24hourcampfire