Home
Posted By: NMpistolero RJ knives Beartooth - 06/21/17
I was tipped a RJ knives Beartooth and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. It's a substantial knife with a thick O1 blade, subhilt, and sheep horn handles. Looks like they are carried by Schnees in Montana but can't find much anything else on them. Thanks!
Posted By: frogman43 Re: RJ knives Beartooth - 07/01/17
The Beartooth was originally made by Robert "Bob" Jolley. You are correct, they are made with substantial steel.......hefty in fact. The smaller skinners usually have thinner stock.

I currently have four of them in my collection, a "Grizzly", a couple skinners, and a custom coffin handle bowie I had Bob make years ago.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bob has retired from the business, and his son Josh now runs the shop. There is a website where you can look at more of his work.

http://rjhandcraftedknives.com/

The Beartooth is a nice, great looking knife....enjoy!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: RJ knives Beartooth - 07/01/17
look like well made blades. I always had a soft spot for a good Bowie.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: RJ knives Beartooth - 07/01/17
Well, I may be tripping one or two of these blades as I downsize in the move to the new house, Sam.............
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: RJ knives Beartooth - 07/01/17
Love that Bowie!!!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: RJ knives Beartooth - 07/02/17
Originally Posted by frogman43
Well, I may be tripping one or two of these blades as I downsize in the move to the new house, Sam.............

I'd like to see them
Posted By: frogman43 Re: RJ knives Beartooth - 07/02/17
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Love that Bowie!!!

I had that Bowie custom made for my "Last dash into the fray" so to speak..........think Legends of the Fall.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: RJ knives Beartooth - 07/02/17
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by frogman43

I'd like to see them

Absolutely Sam.......in fact I'll bring them with me when I bring my first load of Household goods down in two weeks!
© 24hourcampfire