Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Buck 119 Custom Shop - 06/21/17
I ordered this from Buck's custom shop a month ago. Showed up today. It is quite an impressive knife, considering it's a factory knife. The steel is S30V, with Bos heat treat. The guard and pommel are brass. The handle is quality Ironwood. Razor sharp, and came with a great leather sheath. I had the blade engraved as well. I could not be happier with it. This knife will get a lot of time afield as a general purpose belt knife.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MOGC Re: Buck 119 Custom Shop - 06/21/17
Very nice! I like the Buck Custom Shop. I've owned four Custom Shop 110's and they were very well put together. Makes a rather ho hum knife unusual and interesting.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Buck 119 Custom Shop - 06/21/17
I picked up a custom shop Buck 110 last year. That was with S30V steel also. Great knife at a good price.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Buck 119 Custom Shop - 06/22/17
I'm a big fan of the Buck 119. Sam, yours is an excellent upgrade.
Sam
That is a pretty nice knife. The only Buck knife I have ever owned is a folder.
I like some of their lines and the American Make thing also.
I have used Bos Heat Treating a couple times now. Very pleased and they are great to talk with.
I did make a couple for people who like their blade lines, but I did not do the butt cap part.
Also did one in VA blue and one with customers mule deer antler.
Seems the blade profile should work quite well.

[Linked Image]

Tim
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Buck 119 Custom Shop - 06/22/17
this was my first Buck fixed blade. Maybe ever. I was curious as to how well Buck could make a custom shop knife. So far, I'm pleased with what they sent me. It is far from a hand made knife, but for a factory effort, it's not bad.
© 24hourcampfire